hubby told me i look like pippy longstocking and stupid cause I cut my bangs

My husband has always wanted me to have long hair. I have been growing it out but decided mabey I would look good with a little bit of bangs. I barely had any covering my forehead. When he came home he just said out of no where those things to me and said I should talk to him first about cutting my hair. PISSED ME OFF. we had a HUGE fight. I said if you dont like it thats all you had to say. no need to be rude about it. Its not like i cant still pin them to the side or I look horrible. he just doesn't want me cutting any of my hair. I dont have a question here, im just ranting about how controlling men can be sometimes and how upset it makes me.He did apologize today but im still hurt.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• hugs

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Men are only controlling when they are aloud to be...
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 6:20 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Tell him hair grows and he should grow up
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:21 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I mohawked my hair and he is not speaking to me about it saying I should have asked. I said I think its growing on my head why should I ask? LOL
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:22 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• If I where you I would cut it really short just to piss him off and show him he can not control me. I do not like to be controlled.

Answer by louise2 at 6:24 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• That would make me want a really short hair cut! Your hair...your decision.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 6:29 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Why don't you dress like it too and be sexy about it and all will turn out just fine...If you know what I mean ;)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• It's your hair !!!... I'd tell him to keep his opinions to himself or--- be kicked out of the bed !!!
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 7:09 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• "I'm just venting about how controlling men can be." .. Umm .. I personally don't know of any guy who would demand that you consult them before cutting your hair. That isn't a common thing in men to order their spouse/SO to consult them first over a haircut. That's your husband's downfall, not "How men can be controlling". My husband would NEVER demand me to consult him first over a hair cut, even when it comes to purchases he doesn't order me to consult him first. We talk and we comprimise or we come to a common agreement. Period. There is never a one sided decision.

With that said .. You do what YOU want with your hair. If he doesn't like it then that's too damn bad. It is your body, not his. I'm sure that he would never allow you to tell him how to cut his hair or to force him to consult you first. Tell him to grow up.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:10 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Well I dont think that is a drastic change, but my husband shaves his head and knows I dont like it. He says well you do what you want with your hair which is true, but he always says he likes it. I think if its a drastic differance maybe you should discuss it, if not dont be a baby about it.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 19, 2010