Question...

I'm new to CMs....and I have aquestion. I am 15yrs ols and 12wks pregnant and I was wondering if it is safe to still sleep on my tummy...will it give my baby brain damage or squish it in any way? I can't ask my mom cause she kicked me out and I'm staying with a friend right now, but her mom doesn't now I am preggo...Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It won't hurt the baby. It's pretty cushioned in there. It will make you more uncomfortable as you get bigger but baby will be fine.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:22 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• No you shouldnt sleep on your tummy!!!!
    Anonymous

• sorry for everything your going threw. I hope your mom comes to her sences and lets you back in, but I slept on my stomach with both my kids until I got too big.
    The docs say its ok as long as your comfortableand no pain
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 6:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I am very sorry to hear about your situation, but as long as there is no pain you can sleep on your belly if your still worried call your doc and ask :-)
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 6:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Belly sleeping is fine as long as you are comfortable. Most likely in another month or 2 you will not want to do it but for now it is definitely fine. Any time you have questions or concerns you should also check in with you OB's office the nurses there will give you correct advice and help make you feel better about the choices you make during your pregnancy.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 6:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• It will not hurt your baby. However, it's recommended that you don't sleep on your stomach. I tried really hard not to but sometimes I would wake up on my stomach. If you do don't panic.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 9:00 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Yes it's fine. I have been pregnant 7 times and cannot sleep any other way. It's safe and you wont squish your baby.
    You will probably find that you will gradually be sleeping mostly on your side, and only slightly on your tummy once your belly gets bigger.
    Congrats. I hope your mom comes around. HUGS!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:11 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• not until you're further along.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:21 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Not right now. When your tummy starts getting bigger, you should start sleeping on your left side. Sleeping on your left side increases the blood flow to your heart (at least, that's what they told me when I was pregnant).
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:14 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It's best not to sleep on your stomach. The best position to sleep in is on your left side. Good luck with the baby, and sorry to hear about your situation.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2010