Do any of you have any vintage dinnerware or any kind of antique dishes?

I have a set of plates and matching tea pot set from my Grandmother and of course they are all "flowery." I love vintage looking dishes.

2tinyhineys

Asked by 2tinyhineys at 6:21 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I have two different sets. One was what my Dad bought for my Mom when they got married, he died when I was only two so they mean a lot to me. The other set my Step-Dad gave to me and they were his Grandma's and they are awesome!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I have the china (10 place setting) sent to my Mimi from when my Papa was stationed in Okinawa. I can't remember off hand the brand but it is a reputable one...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I have lots, but I dont like them, I think they look tacky, so the storage is their home.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 6:28 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I have about 200 pieces of my grandmother's Fiestaware from the 1940's to 1970's, and about 50 original pieces of Dedham Pottery from HER mother dating from around the 1920's--hand painted bunnies over blue and gray glazed crackle enamel. I also have my Royal Doulton formal wedding china, but it will be MANY years before it's worth more than was paid for them. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:58 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I have a lot of my grandmas old dishes...all the way from really old china to her every day plates and bowls...I have my own plates andbowls too so I want to get rid of them because they are not attractive and they are taking up space (minus the china) but i cant bring myself to do it
    NessGuinness

Answer by NessGuinness at 7:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I have a set of china (full set with no chips) that my great-grandfather took here with him from Holland. No clue how far back it dates, I just know it was his, and when he passed no one wanted it but my mom so she's had it for years and just gave it to me. It's a light cream color, with a light teal-ish around the outside, rimmed in silver. Not feminine at all.
    Anonymous

• Yes, my dad sent my Gram a full set of china while he was in the Navy. He passed away in 2008, so when she passed away this past June my brother and I inherited it. He decided he did not want it so I now have it.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 11:41 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Yesah I have some..
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2010