anyone elses 5 yr old shit himself just to piss you off???

so i've had it with my 5 yr old. he refuses to shit on the toilet. i ask him, i make him, i bribe him, i punush him, i reward him.....fuck it. shityourself! i don't care! im done with it! let me know how your ass feels in an hour!

ok, im done venting. but im still pissed.

mama2bof2

Asked by mama2bof2 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• awe... I'm sorry you are having a bad night. Have you talked to his ped about it yet? Maybe not a medical reason but there may be some other reason? I don't know but I hope you get it figured out soon!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:29 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• i have, they don't give two craps about it. i need to change dr's.....im just so done with it. hes 5! you would think he would get it by now! but i guess not. oh well. thanks for not bashing me! lol. im not really letting him sit in it, but i would like to half the time, b/c im sure he wouldn't like the butt rash he'll get. hmmmm.......no, just kidding.
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Punish him the old fashoned way. Put him in a corner.

Answer by louise2 at 6:33 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• tried it, don't work. he don't care.....he'll just crap himself in the corner...or pee himself. cool, right?
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• OK SLOOOOOWWWW DOWN.....my son was 6 and was having this issue...for several weeks I thought he was just not wanting to go b/c he was busy playing and didnt want to stop....I did like you did...made him sit, begged him to poop....etc....didnt work...

THEN I realized that it was a medical issue.....he had a rectal impaction...backed up poop that was hardened and the loose poop would squeeze out around it and he wouldnt even know!!!!!

He couldnt stop it or help it.....I started him on a teaspoon of MIRALAX in his OJ in the morning and MIRACLE!!!!! NO MORE POOP IN THE PANTS!!!!

So before you get angry at him....look into this issue and make VERY sure he is medically ok! For his sake...he may not be able to help it!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• mom2twobabes- actually i have heard of this. thanks for bringing it up! my friends son was the same way. i am venting here b/c he hasn't been able to get in to the dr's. did u take him to the dr or did u just give him the miralax. how long did it take to work? just so i know, so im not pumping it in to him, boom! huge mess! lol. we're not getting mad anymore b/c of i have heard of this, so now its just whatever, clean him up and move on. let me know about the miralax, b/c i happen to have it b/c i had a baby 3 weeks ago, and well, all us mothers know what the laxative an suppositories are for! lmao!
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 6:39 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I hear your frustration but don't give up quite yet. Obviously he's trying to communicate something to you. I don't know what it is but it's something. Kids don't do that for no reason. Is he angry with you or someone in the house? I'd find another doctor or talk to a child psychologist. Let's find out what his problem is before getting too upset. Will he talk to dad or grandparents?

Answer by admckenzie at 6:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I would talk to a different DR and have them order tests to insure that there is not a medical problem causing this. Has he ever gone a day without doing it? Are you sure he does it just to be "bad"?? If so then I have no clue what I would do! If it's a matter of him doing it out of spite then I guess I would start taking away toys. Have you tried a rewards system, stick chart, and really making a big deal when he goes on the potty?
    Luvmybooskies

Answer by Luvmybooskies at 6:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• *sticker chart
    Luvmybooskies

Answer by Luvmybooskies at 6:43 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I did not take him to the Dr....I called and talked to the nurse who told me it would hurt him to try him on Miralax for a few weeks to see if this solved the problem..he was on it maybe 4 to 5 days before he was completly regular....I tried to give it to him the same time everyday so he would poop about the same time everyday..

I dont think his impaction was very severe....it CAN get very severe and need a DR to clean it out....eeeeekkkkkk....

It wouldnt hurt him to try but maybe give the Dr a call and tell them you think he may be constipated and how much should you give him.....

I felt really bad after I figured out this was my sons issue b/c I had gotten really mad several times thinking he was just being lazy...know what I mean.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:44 PM on Dec. 19, 2010