Gift for a 4 year old girl?

I have a niece who will be 4 soon. I wound up getting two gifts and need to return one of them. The first thing I got was a Fisher Price Little People girl on a scooter with a puppy and a My Little Pony. Today I went to the mall with my step-daughter and we went to the disney store. They had the princess dolls that are kinda like barbies on sale for $8 (usually $12) and they had they had dress up costumes on sale for $10 (usually $40). So I wound up buying her a Snow White doll and a Snow White dress up dress, cuz I thought it was a nicer gift for only a couple of $$ more. The only thing is, do 4 year olds like to play dress up? I have a son who's nearly 3 and he HATES to change clothes, period! He'd rather stay in pjs all day than have to change his clothes, which makes me wonder if my niece may not be into dressing up? So, which thing should I return, and which thing should I give to her?

winkie_pinkie

Asked by winkie_pinkie at 10:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Heck yes they do...My neice runs around the house all day as a princess, then as a tinker bell..then...as a grandmother haha yes....a granny...and then..her fave is ballerina, she just turned 4,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I have 20 grandkids...mostly girls.....girls that age LOVE to dress up!! My 3-1/2 year old granddaughter drives me crazy changing her clothes about once every 1/2 hour!! LOL She has a few dress up outfits, and she even wore her Cinderella outfit to the grocery store last week!!! I know your neice would love the dress up outfit!!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• My little girl just turned 5 and she loves the princess dressses and shoes,girls that age have a blast dressing up and pretending to be princesses.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 10:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Girls love to play dress up...some don't but most of them especially at 4 love it alot. It's a great gift idea too go with it I'm sure she'll have a blast.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• OH!! She will LOVE that!! My two girls love dress up! I am 25 and I love playing dress up with my girls! THey are 3 and 2 (well 2 next month). I have never met a little girl who didn't like dress up.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 3:53 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• You did good on both gifts ! They like, to make-believe, with dressing up. Jenna has My Lil Pony's, and Barbie, and even Polly Pocket, and they all play together.
    jennanicole

Answer by jennanicole at 10:07 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• My little girl is 4 and loves dressing up in dress-up clothes. She doesn't like trying on clothes at the store or changing clothes to go to the grocery store, but she loves putting on a ballerina dress or a princess dress and being a princess. She has play ballet slippers, tiaras, magic wands, and play jewelry even. Sometimes she adds my stuff with it. She will even wear one of my husband's tshirts and a call it a dress cause it touches the floor on her.
    All of those sound like great gifts, and none will be a miss.
    amandadd202

Answer by amandadd202 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2008