Did your baby ever do this with one particular person? My grandson never did this before, but now when my son (his uncle) says hi to him, or even looks at him...he....

So my grandson laughs and giggles with everyone. He is such a happy baby. Last month he loved his uncle (my son). All of sudden, for the last week..if my son even says hi to him..he starts to scream like he is hurt, the screeching kind. My son feels so bad, he is only thirteen so its kind of hard trying to get him to realize it might just be him =( Do you think it could be just his face, but why would this happen over the last week for no reason. Is this normal? did this ever happen to any of you. My grandson if about to be six months...

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 6:39 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Has you son ever been left alone with the baby??? Babys remember things and i know know what kind of 13 year old he is, most want nothing to do with babys and maybe he did something to hurt him and the baby remembers...just a thought. Other than that i dont know what it could possibly be.
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 6:44 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Of course he has been left around the baby, and no way shape or form is my son like that. He is very loving towards him. He is also very upset about him crying every time he looks at him.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 6:54 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• And my twin daughters are always with him when he was around my grandson, so no...thats not what it is, its something else..and I dont know what.
    bellamommyof4

• has your son changed anything about his apearance? a haircut. different hat, anything like that? the baby may be autistic and is showing fear at a minor change. its a very common early sign of autism.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 7:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• It is very common for children to change opinions of someone. It is also common for them to be happy and smiling with one person and the very next person they scream for. It usually doesn't matter how that person is, but just that the child feels uncomfortable around them. Children as they get older and explore their surroundings more become more intuned with their feelings. Some children instantly don't like someone and others take a while to realize they don't like them. This could change in another week or it could stay the same for a while. It's no different then a child being a Mamma's boy one day and a Daddy's boy the next. I would suggest that your son be in the same room with him for a while with the child's parent close by. Let the child play and come around to interacting with his uncle. I'm sure the child will come around eventually, they're just going through a phase right now.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:02 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• wow...now we went on to autism?? what? ok....next, I agree with you JazzLikeMraz...that is what it could possibly be. Also my son's hair is much longer because he is growing it out...even though I dont like it. But that could be what it is. My son is like "why does he hate me" he loves his nephew, I feel bad..but I told him...maybe he wants you to cut your hair ;)
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 7:11 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• i think its just a phase i know my son went through one like that where he would be giggly and laughing at someone one min and cry and reach for me the next
    katie11908

Answer by katie11908 at 7:11 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I hope it is a phase, because he just started this since he has been six months. I keep making sure I keep him in the room with me while I hold him near my son, but I feel like I am torturing him doing that =( poor little guy. And my poor son, thinks his nephew hates him.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 7:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Kids do that sometimes....I wouldnt think anything of it! Def dont start thinking he has autism or the uncle beats the baby when you arent around! My kids have gone through phases where they were scared to death of people and then they are fine later on. I remember my cousin was deathly afraid of my dad....she would shit a brick if she just saw his car....hahahaha She grew out of it after a while
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:17 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• My daughter went through that for a bit with her grandfather. it only lasted a few weeks. she was kind of going through a phase where she didn't really want to be around anyone but me and her dad but she would get really upset with her papa.
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 7:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2010