Disposing dirty diapers...?

What is the best thing to get for dirty diapers in the nursery? The diaper gennie...etc?

Kristin0312

Asked by Kristin0312 at 6:47 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• regular small trash an with a lid. Use old grocery bags as liner and empty it daily. IMO the diaper Gennie is a waste of money. Glorified trash can.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I use plastic bags from the grocery store it cheaper than getting a Diaper genie
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 6:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I love my diaper genie! The refills are kind of expensive and it stinks when you change it but I never have any smell from it.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 6:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• either using the smaller bag like walmart bags in a small can or i have a big stnad up trashcan with the kitchen size gallon bags. i switch the bgas out once a week. we are only on formula right now so the smells bad but too horrible. ive never used a diaper giene or anything like this. just regular trashbags and can or if its close to me taking out the trash i just toss them in the one in the kitchen. i take trash out every other day tho with my fam.so it never stays in the house that long.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 6:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• i use walmart sacks and take them straight out to the can i think my diaper champ is a waste of space however i got it for free so i wasnt going to complain
    katie11908

Answer by katie11908 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I use a diaper genie. I don't have a problem with smell. I got it at my baby shower or I would probably use a trash can with a flip up lid.
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 7:41 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I wrapped the dirties in a plastic bag and threw all of them in the regular trash, which was taken out every night. Not even a flip-up lid, just a regular bin. I didn't have a need for one in the "nursery" but I would have done the same thing if I did.
    Anonymous

• I loved my diaper genie for the first year. I still use it for wets, but his poopy diapers no go directly into the outside trash can.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I use regular plastic sacks for the dirties and put them outside. Potty filled go into the trash. After my kids started solids, no genie was keeping that smell down!!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:11 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I think those contraptions are the biggest waste of money. I simply take the poopy diaper to the outside trash, it only takes a sec. It works like a charm :)
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 11:14 PM on Dec. 19, 2010