Can any one suggest to me what may be the problem with me not getting pregnant after trying for 3 years?

bambamsgirl03

Asked by bambamsgirl03 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It might not be you. It might be your DH/SO.

Answer by louise2 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Stress, uterine condition, sperm count, timing... there are hundreds of reasons. Do you have other children by the same man? Another man? For start you need to figure out if it is you or him.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:30 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• It could be any number of things. Cold medicines, pain releivers, cysts on your ovaries. Do you have regular periods? Miscalculation. Too much caffeine, too much or not enough sex. Smoking. Obesity/ overweight.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• 1. being overweight or underweight
    2. not ovulating
    3. partner's sperm count is low
    4. stress re: trying to get pregnant

I was with my boyfriend for 4 years, and we were sexually active. Never got pregnant. When I lost 100 pounds, BOOM, I got pregnant! I wasn't trying at all.
    Anonymous

• It took me 5 years to get pregnant the first time because I had a tipped uterus and it was hard for the semen to make it 's way to where it was suppose to go. You need to both be checked out to see if anything is wrong.

Answer by older at 7:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• if you are overweight, lose 10-20 lbs, it worked for me bc it jump-started my ovulation
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I work for an infertility specialist and I can tell you it could be so many different things it's crazy! Go talk to a doctor about it because 3 years is really way too long to not get pregnant if you have been activatly trying. Good luck!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Have your thyroid checked! We couldn't get pregnant, and found out that I had hypothyroidism, after being on medication for about a month, I got pregnant!
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Blocked tubes, thyroid issues, low sperm count, stress, and about a hundred other things. consult a fertility doctor.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:37 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• We have been ttc for 8 months... I have already started talking to my Doctor about what could be wrong, have you spoken to a Doctor at all? My Doc has sent up appointments for us, first things first DH is going for a sperm analysis and I am going for a blood test to make sure I ovulate. Next up will be getting tubes checked. After that I'm not sure what the rest of the process is, just taking it one step at a time. I suggest speaking to a specialist. My Doctor said you are considered infertilie after 2 years of trying. Good luck!
    isabellem

Answer by isabellem at 8:57 PM on Dec. 19, 2010