Where can I go in California, more precisely San Francisco?

I am a foreigner student, I live in Brazil and next year I am going to go there, to study in an exchange program. I would like to meet some famous and great places and I already had some indications but the more I get the better it will be! :D
I would like to know also if is good the public transportation in San Francisco and if people are welcoming there? You probably know of it more than me!

I looking foward to reading your replies!

Thanks in advance!
Camila.

CamilaFarias

Asked by CamilaFarias at 7:41 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Travel

• Great transportation within the city and the surrounding areas (Muni, BART, cable cars, GGT, ferries, Sam Trans). The city is a hot bed of activity with lots to see and do- GG Park, Crissy Fields, The Wharf, Pier 39, Museums, The Japanese tea house and gardens, Baker Beach, Market Street, Ghirardelli Square, many boat excursions, Irish Cultural Center, China Town, Japan Town, North Beach (little Italy). So much to see and do- a very welcoming city. Where will you be studying?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Alcatraz is there I know... my husband is from outside there and I've only been twice, but I know Alcatraz is one of the places that he's always wanted to go!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 7:57 PM on Dec. 19, 2010