Headache after having an Epidural

Did anybody else get them all the time and not get the blood patch..?? I went to the ER this morning because of them, and he explained to me why I was getting them, which I already knew, I am more worried that something bad is gonna happen like a brain hemorrage (sp?) or something if I don't get it treated....but I panic over EVERYTHING! So they sent me home with a prescription for some pain meds....

CarolinaMom2006

Asked by CarolinaMom2006 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Hmm did they test your spinal fluid? Its rare, and I'm not a professional but it is worrisome. Women do get infections of the spinal fluid, from epidurals and headaches can be a symptom. But, you might be having just a regular headache...so to be safe, get your white blood cell count checked...which they may have done already at the hospital. Monitor your temperature. Monitor how often you have a headache. If your symptoms arent getting worse, you dont have a temp, your cell count is fine....Id say you're fine.
    4heartbeats

Answer by 4heartbeats at 8:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• and yet another reason I highly recommend all natural birthing

MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 8:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Why not the blood patch?

I agree that it's scary and safer to avoid an epidural (in the future, anyway)--

Hope you feel better asap!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:45 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• not sure but feel better soon! :)
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:16 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I honestly don't remember. I was drugged up for awhile and don't remember any headaches.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:43 AM on Dec. 20, 2010