I just found out that i have a vaginal infection

called vaginosis and i'm 3 weeks pregnant the dr. prescribed me METRONIDAZOLE 500/mg and she said it was safe to take during pregnancy but i read the label and it said not the first trimester have any of you had this? Will it hurt the baby i just dont want another miscarrige! And it causes diahrrea is this bad!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Call the pharmiscist. they tend to know more about drugs than doctors do. If it isn't good to use then ask for something else.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I would def call the pharmacist. I would also suggest not taking any of the pills until you are absolutely sure and if you still feel uncomfortable tell your doc that you need a new Rx prescribed as you are not comfortable taking your current Rx.
    MaddsMom728

Answer by MaddsMom728 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Most definately call the pharmacist.
    daycaremom374

Answer by daycaremom374 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• i lived on that stuff when i was pregnant and my son is fine. take the meds.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:06 AM on Jul. 7, 2008