Coincidence? (edit)(and edited again)

Maybe it's just me, but isn't it this attitude which leads directly to this attitude? Very bare basic cause and effect?

To clarify - I'm not suggesting one CM poster saying something caused another CM poster to say something.  I'm asking if raising a child to be your faith no matter what, come hell or high water, then leads to them becoming adults who cannot understand why anyone would risk going to Hell.

EDITED ONE MORE TIME FOR THE REALLY CLUELESS: THIS QUESTION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHO POSTED THOSE QUESTIONS OR CM, IT'S ABOUT THE CONTENT OF THE QUESTIONS AND HOW THEY RELATE TO EACH OTHER.  I TRIED TO USE EVEN SMALLER WORDS BUT THIS IS ABOUT AS REMEDIAL AS IT GETS.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:07 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Yes it is.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:21 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:34 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• They're pretty much the same attitude, all wrapped up in a neat little package called ignorance and arrogance.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Yes, it is ... goes along with the post I made earlier about non-Christians "hating" God/JC.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• It's not cause and effect, it's one attitude.

I have to ask, I can't remember, have you ever frequented a Christian church? I know you know a ridiculous amount about Christianity, I'm just wondering how many services you've attended, and what denomination.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• My question would be this... how many have actually experienced God?
    Anyone can read and read and intellectualize and try to figure it out all in the head but what about the experience?

Its not a cause and effect... its the attitude of not understanding how those who choose to not believe are able to not believe when the very evidence of the presence of God is around them daily.

I do not know how many of you can see the pattern i am seeing lately in this religious part of the forums but there is a visible pattern and a very good reason it is happening too. Not surprising either.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• eh, maybe now you know who the anon-op is??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:45 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Its not a cause and effect... its the attitude of not understanding how those who choose to not believe are able to not believe when the very evidence of the presence of God is around them daily. [shane]

Wow what an arrogant answer!! You act like you are the only one on here who knows or has a relationship with God. So, one just has to be Christian to "feel" or "know" God? Is that it? What a load of prejudiced bullsh*t!! You know Shane, you are the most arrogant, condescending person I have seen on here.

A PERSON DOES NOT HAVE TO BE CHRISTIAN TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD! 

Maybe you should start thinking about buying some huge, fluffy pillows to land on!! 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:03 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I have to ask, I can't remember, have you ever frequented a Christian church?

Yes, but it wasn't a typical one - it was Catholic, but in a tourist town, so very laid back and all kinds of layers of political warfare going on between the locals and the long term tourists and the short term tourists. It was a better education in how to survive the PTO than it was a religious one ;)
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• i wouldnt say it always does, but ive seen it enough times to know its the usual path.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2010