What is the best way to get rid of a stiff neck?

I have had a stiff neck for almost a week now and cannot get rid of it. I have tried massage and icyhot and nothing has worked. Now it feels like it has moved from just my neck to include the right side of my neck and shoulder but the other side is fine. Any ideas?

bluegrassjuliet

Asked by bluegrassjuliet at 8:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Health

• a heating pad?
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 8:09 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Kword said what I would have said. And try Excedrin Tension Headache.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 8:15 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Find out why you still have a stiff neck. A week is a long time to have a stiff neck. You could have pulled a muscle. But until you see a doc, try a hot shower and Advil.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I agree with the hot shower and some meds. Try gently stretching it too. That helps me sometimes too.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:58 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Heating pad, ibuprofen, hot shower and if all else fails, a good muscle relaxer.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:23 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I had to go to physical therapy because my neck got so bad. They taught me how to do levator stretches and it REALLY made a difference. If you google that you can find youtube videos that show you how.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:53 AM on Dec. 20, 2010