How do you feel about drinking bottled water?

Do you buy it at home instead of drinking the water from the faucet? If you do not drink it, why? Does it have anything to do with your health or the environment?

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 8:12 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Health

• Drinking bottled water kind of freaks me out. I can't help but think of all the chemicals that seep from the plastic into what I drink. Tap water may not be any better but I have more peace of mind when I put that glass with some ice to my mouth. Yummy!

Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 2:01 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Bottled water is an absolute waste of money. If your water from the tap is too hard or just nasty, it's cheaper to use a filter system no matter what kind you use compared to what you pay for bottled if you actually drink as much water as you're supposed to in a day.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:25 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I think it's a waste of money, especially since it's been proven many times that much of the bottled water is basically the same exact stuff coming out of your tap.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:28 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I buy the Brita filters and drink tap. I think bottled ir ridiculous for your wallet and the enviroment. I drink close to a gallon a day. Imagine the plastic waste I would create in a year!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I have both a Brita pitcher and I use bottled water. Its free for me, so I'm going to enjoy the convenience.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Wow, anon, do you ever stop to think about what you are leaving for your kids or grandkids? So sad that you got voted up for that!

At home we use a brita filter and drink tap that has been filtered. I drink 1-2 gallons of water a day alone - that's way too much to use bottled water. I will buy water bottles to take on trips, but we do recycle those bottles. We also have refillable water bottles that we use on short trips so we just fill them with our filtered water.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:28 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• i buy bottled water to drink at home. i think the faucet water taste diff.
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• i drink it when i am out and about. i used to buy it for when i was at home. after one of my pregnancies, i could taste all the minerals in the tap water and it made me sick to my stomach. but i realized its a lot cheaper to buy waterfilters now. and use reusable waterbottles for it.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 8:14 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Our faucet water is disgusting and tastes like bleach so I bought 2 of the 5 gallon ozarka jugs and a $30 ceramic cooler at walmart. It takes $1 to fill up each jug and we fill the empty one when we change to a full one.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 8:17 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I feel that water bottles are a convenient option for on the go days, like vacations, car trips etc. Water bottle isnt always the safest either, the longer a water bottle sits unopened, chemicals in the bottle leach into the water...that's why there is an expiration date. At home, we have a water filter/softener so that takes care of our need to drink clean water. I think drinking nothing but 12 oz bottles of water is wasteful, for the environment even if you do recycle. It takes tons of energy to produce and ship bottles of water...but they sure are convenient arent they!
    4heartbeats

Answer by 4heartbeats at 8:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2010