after sex it... adult content

We are TTC. This is really embarrassing for me to say, so I am just going to put it out there. When he “goes” in me, the next day my crotch smells fishy. Taking a bath helps the smell, but I have never had this problem before. I thought that maybe it was a yeast infection because I am really prone to those, but I don’t have any discharge. Can anyone clue me in as to what is going on? Do you think that maybe it’s him that smells funny? Should I wash it out right after sex? I was trying to leave it in while I slept to help get pregnant faster. Does that even matter? Can you wash it out right after sex and still get pregnant just the same?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You have a bacterial infection.. I had them about 6 times when i was pregnant the sad thing is you can get them from drinking to many cokes wiping the wrong way or to much sex... Every women has this problem at some point in time its nothing to be imbarrased over but you cant buy any over the counter to fix.. Bacterial infections of any kind have to be cured with antibiotics but viral cant be cured with antibiotics.. just make a appt with you gyno and tell him or her what it smells like.. it can be embarrasing but you shouldnt be its nature... but until your appt. douching with summers eve with a tsp of iodine in it will help ALOT..
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 4:50 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Do NOT wash out the inside of your vagina unless you WANT an infection. The vagina is "self cleaning" and has special bacteria that keeps it's clean. It will clean the semen out itself.

After you've been laying there for 20 minutes or so you can wash the outside and the vaginal lips but do not wash inside the vaginal cannel.

Not only will washing the inside out decrease your chances of getting pregnant but it will increase your chances of a serious infection.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 3:41 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Wash it off the outside after you get up to pee. Don't put anything IN your vagina to clean it.
    its probably from what he's been eating. Onions,garlic,and spices can make his semen stinkier

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:36 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• i'm sorry but this is kinda funny
    cheribabii613

Answer by cheribabii613 at 9:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• it is normal, but i wouldn't wash it out just was off the outside
    MrsWeathers

Answer by MrsWeathers at 11:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• It could be him but it sounds like you might have a bacteria infection. They say not to douche because it can cause infections.
    sweetiecg

Answer by sweetiecg at 4:41 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• o btw it doesnt matter how you long you leave it in there if it you arent ovulating then your leukocytes (white blood cells) will kill anything forgein in your body... When your body goes into ovulation your white blood count decreases... that way it doesnt kill the sperm...it will happen when its time dont fret
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 5:01 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Get a douche, try cleaning before and after. Wait about 5 minutes after sex though.
    dustbunni

Answer by dustbunni at 2:45 AM on Dec. 21, 2010