More tolerance towards pro-life believers?

More of an observation than anything else, people seem to be more tolerant of pro-lifer's these days...its rather shocking. I never would have expected to see a forum with pro-lifer's basically calling a pro-choicer contemplating an abortion a murderer...I'm flabbergasted really! Have you noticed it? It would have caused an absolute storm just a few years ago, so I'm glad to see there's more of a balance these days.

4heartbeats

Asked by 4heartbeats at 8:39 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• While I'm pro-life and do believe abortion ends a human life, I would rather work together to help cut down on unwanted pregnancies and improve sex ed, etc, than argue and fight over abortion. I realize that abortion is merely a poor solution to the problem, its not the problem itself. When we address the problem we'll end up cutting down on abortion in the process. I understand that each person has to decide what is right for them, and while I may not agree with it, its not my place to judge or insult them. Honestly, worrying about the abortions, insulting those who have had abortions, etc, isn't solving the problem, its focusing on an effect, one that can be eliminated as the real problem (that of unwanted pregnancies) is also eliminated. It will take time, and work, but I do believe we can work together to see it happen, someday.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:38 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I'm tolerant of any WOMEN that make the choice either way. You know what pisses me off, when it's the men up there being pro-lifers...you know what...the day a man can carry a baby to term, is the day he can have an opinion pro-life or pro-choice.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 8:47 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• IMO, this is just one of those topics where minds are not going to be easily changed- why argue (there is little debate on this subject) with someone who wants to do nothing more than hurl dramatic insults?  Ignoring works best-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• If anything I think there's generally been hatred towards pro-choice believers than anything else.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I am pro adoption.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 8:07 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Basically, everyone IS pro-choice if you think about it. Your choice (and mine as well) was to have the children we were given. We would never want our choices to be taken away by our government or our religions. Abortions are forced in China--even in the final month!! And if someone else's choice is that they aren't ready or capable of having a child, they want their choice to be theirs...just as our choices were ours. We are all pro-choice. The trouble is that some of us want to force our own choices onto others, without knowing these women or their situatiion.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:27 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• This "Pro-Choicer" has been called a "Pro-Murderer", a "Pro-baby-killer", "Anti-child", "Anti-Life", "Pro-death"...when all I want is for women to make decisions for THEMSELVES, and not have the government make it for them.

Oh, and @2tiny...I WAS "Pro-Life" *UNTIL* I went through the adoption experience. After going through the hell of placing a child for adoption...I am now vehemently PRO-CHOICE! (Adoption is not the BEST choice for EVERYONE.)
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• sisteract, yes I agree minds arent easily changed. Though there is a definite difference from just a few years ago, the topic would start huge arguments that would close threads down. Now, both sides voice their opinions but the pro lifers seem to be a bit more nasty. Perhaps its a trend? I have no idea, its just nice to see more of balance.

Lol Shouldhaveleft!
    4heartbeats

Comment by 4heartbeats (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Ginger, yeah, it used to be someone could barely mention they were pro life without pro choice'rs hacking them down...its really weird to see the change, its like I went through some kind of portal.
    4heartbeats

Comment by 4heartbeats (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Interesting observation! I am pro-life, but I won't go so far as to call a woman a "murderer", although I do believe that abortion is murder. I think that women who make this choice legitimately believe there is nothing wrong with it, or they are confused by the message society is sending about this issue. They suffer a great deal of guilt afterwards (I know many who have/are), and I will not add to their suffering with name-calling. My concern is that this grisly practice should not continue, and I pray that hearts and minds are changed.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:38 PM on Dec. 19, 2010