Bath after pregnancy... adult content

Is it ok for me to take one...?? I just had my baby girl on Wednesday (12-15-10) and I feel like I need a bath...I did tear, and I have about 4 stitches....but I just dont feel like the shower is cleaning me because since im a little sore down there, i can't just wash with the rag....i just want to sit in the water for awhile...

CarolinaMom2006

Asked by CarolinaMom2006 at 8:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's better to take a shower but there is nothing wrong with just sitting in a tub of warm water to soak.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 8:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I took baths after all my babies were born with no problems

Answer by admckenzie at 8:49 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• It is just a higher risk of infection. I would shower before hand and then fill the tub but not stay in there to long.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Have your hubby buy you a removable shower massage and gently wash that area...It is much better than a cloth and you will find it more convenient to wash away the suds.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 8:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Go for it, just don't use any bubble bath or anything in the water. If it wasn't safe, we wouldn't be allowed baths in the hospital - mine urges sitz baths, and if that wasnt' available the nurses ran regular baths for us in pp rooms! It will help, just like I said, nothign in the water, and don't stay in for too terrible long! Feel better and congrats!
    Anonymous

• did they give you 1 of those little bottles to use when u are going pee? I got 1 with all of mine, and I took it in the shower with me and just kept refilling it and spraying. It made me feel cleaner without having to worry about infection.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 9:21 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Yes, you can bathe! Enjoy!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:08 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Don't use any irritating soap!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:14 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I would stick with a shower. At your next appointment, ask your doc if it's fine.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:37 AM on Dec. 20, 2010