if you are pro-life...

are you still considered pro-life if you think that there are a few good reason's to get an abortion? Or does pro-life mean you believe in absolutely no abortion what-so-ever?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I dont cinsider myself pro-life but i dont see myself as pro-choice either lol....To me there are a few reasons to have an abortion and other then that it is not just another type of birth control....and sadly that is how some women see it.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I think it means you r pro-life no matter what the circumstances.

MommyTanisha

Answer by MommyTanisha at 8:49 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• If you think theres any reason to get an abortion you're pro choice. If theres no good reason you're pro life.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 8:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I consider myself pro-life-- the ONLY reason I support the 'right to choose" to terminate is if the pregnancy will end in death of BOTH mother and baby like in a tubal ectopic-- never as a method of birth control and never to punish the unborn for the sin of its parents
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 8:54 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• worriedmommy- Having the baby after being raped is not what the problem is.....its the fact that there is still a part of him inside you that is the hard part. Trust me I went through that....I used to be pro-life and thought there was no reason to ever have an abortion but after I found out I was pregnant from my rape at 14 I had a whole new look on things. I did not have to get an abortion thankfuly because i misscarried but I was so much more depressed knowing that I could not get away from him and that he was still in me.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I consider myself pro-life, but within reason. If the mother is going to die from carrying the baby, I wouldn't expect a woman to carry the child. Another instance is if the baby is never going to make it to the birth. For example, my aunt is a radiologist and once saw a woman whose fetus literally was growing with no brain (I can't remember the term). Obviously there was zero chance of survival. I wouldn't expect a woman to carry a baby like that.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I believe in no abortion what-so-ever. If I was raped, the baby would still be a part of me and I would not kill it. If I just couldn't live with raising a child of rape then adoption would be my only option, but I doubt that I could after 9 months of carrying the baby. I just couldn't not love it. Other than that, I cannot think of any other reason other than rape besides SEVERE deformaties that would cause the child to have NO quality of life
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I feel you can be "pro-life" and still feel there are medically acceptable reasons for abortion (possibly including mental wellness concerns surrounding rape, depending on the person.).

I think someone trying that say that you can ONLY be pro-life if you believe there is never a good reason for abortion is just trying to demonize the pro-life viewpoint. Yes, some people do feel that way, but many, many pro-lifers have at least a couple "exceptions" in their view.

I've had people insist that I'm pro-choice for my views (over in P&CE), but I'm the one with the opinion, so I get to define it and I define it as pro-life.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 9:28 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• imo, if you believe abortion is wrong unless its a life or death situation then you're pro-life. if you even believe it's ok to have an abortion if you're raped or something, you're pro-choice.
    cheribabii613

Answer by cheribabii613 at 9:29 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I am pro-life no matter what. There are heart wrenching situations out there; I know. But I believe if you are pregnant, it's for a reason.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2010