Shoes on or shoes off?

You know the play lands in fast food places, I like my daughter to keep her shoes on. Feet are gross! And when I see kids without even socks on it freaks me out!

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 8:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I never make mine take off their shoes because I see kids in there barefoot all the time. Plus when I did make them take them off their socks would be nasty, potty black. Nope, shoes ON!
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Shoes on always, the worst infections and viruses get through bare feet.

Answer by older at 8:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I am a barefoot person. I get to my front door and my shoes are off. I wear socks around the house in the winter cause of the cold spots on the floor.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:12 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• SHOES off as much as possible - and I can even work better in fuzzy slippers or soft socks!
    gambilldl

Answer by gambilldl at 10:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Socks on, shoes off. I worked for a restaurant and it is against most health codes to take socks off. Shoes off because your child could injury another child while playing if they got kicked with a boot.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 11:30 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Depends on the rules of the play area.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 9:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I generally make them follow the rules of the play area. They usually say sock are required and shoes must be removed. Socks are washable so even if they get dirty you can always wash 'em. I generally have a few pairs of socks that are old and dingy so I have them wear those ones to the play area that way it doesn't matter if they get dirty and stained since they are the play area socks.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 9:45 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I feel the same way about the play areas and feet. I'm so glad my son has outgrown them!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• socks but no shoes in the winter cause its so cold otherwise no shoes
    AuntyMama

Answer by AuntyMama at 2:45 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I let them go in socks, but we never go to those places in the winter months, flu central!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:57 AM on Dec. 20, 2010