what's my real due date?

On October 8, 2008 I had a dating ultra sound, at that time the Dr. told me that my baby was 14 weeks and 3 days along, which means that we conceived on June 29, 2008, and that my last period would have been 2 weeks before that on June 15, now, my calculations say my due date @ 38weeks to be March 22, 2009, why does my Dr. say I'm due on April 7,2009, when that makes me over 42 weeks from my last period?

pippired13

Asked by pippired13 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• When my dr nurse was figuring out my due date with my first, she responded to my shocked expression by telling me that pregnancy actually last for 10 months!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:32 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• My Doctor Told Me That As Soon As You Get Pregnant You Are Two Weeks Already I Dont Know How They Figure It But You Really Are Pregnant For 10 Months
    twmom_2314

Answer by twmom_2314 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• While the answers above are correct that you are actually pregnant for 10 months, the standard 40 weeks we are measured by takes that into account (40weeks/4weeks per month= 10months).
    I am assuming that your doctor changed your due date to be more inline with the measured age from the ultrasound. Most doctors go by the ultrasound measurements because they are more accurate. If you are confused I'd just ask your doc. :) Good luck and congrats.
    mileymoo

Answer by mileymoo at 12:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• First of all, there aren't exactly 4 weeks in a month except February. A month is more like 4 1/2 weeks. 28 days = 4 weeks. 2 or 3 extra days makes almost an extra half a week.

Secondly, if you start at 14 weeks and 3 days on October 8 and count up to 40 weeks, you come to April 5th as exactly 40 weeks. So, the April 7th due date is right on.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:02 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Find a calendar. Mark 14 weeks 3 days on October 8. This actually makes you 14-0 on October 5th. On October 12 put 15 weeks. Do this for Sunday of each week until you reach 40 weeks. You will come to April 5th.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:05 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Try telling your baby his due date. Its an idea of his arrivalnot a train schedule. If the doc tells you April 7 expect ANYTIME after Mar 1 to have a baby up to April 14. It does not change the date of conception, if you are lucky enough to know. Some babies like to stay warm and cozy, some babies want to visit the world a little early.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 3:22 AM on Nov. 9, 2008