DO YOUR KIDS HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE CHRISTMAS PRESENTS AND IF SO DID THE GET HELP

MY SON BROUGHT HOME A PAPER THAT HE COULD SPEND CERTAIN AMOUNTS ON GIFTS FOR IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS THERES ABOUT 9 HE ONLY BOUGHT FOR 5 OR 6 AND HE GOT ME CHAP STICK AND THEY LET HIM USE IT. HES 7 AND AUTISTIC/ADHD

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• my daughters school does something like that..however many presents the kids want to bring home for family..is how many they have to bring in ($5 max)..my daughter wanted to get for grandma, grandpa and myself..so she had to bring in 3 cheap things..and then all the gifts get sorted, and the kids get to go "shopping" at the christmas store..its a great idea!! but aside from that, my mom usually takes her shopping to buy me a lil something too..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• My son's school does this as well. I'm in the same boat as you, he has Autism and ADHD. They had 2 parent helpers, so every kid had to stand against the wall and wait thier turn. I knew what my son would do for gifts, so I went to school on the designated day to help him. They were greatul for some extra help, and my son had help picking things everyone would like. And, he didn't use anything before it got home!
    tracy0812

Answer by tracy0812 at 9:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• He bought you chapstick and HE chose to use it. It's not "they let him", it's that he thought it was ok to use someone else's gift. And "he's autistic/adhd" - so? What does that have to do with having the opportunity to buy gifts at school?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• WITH THE FACT OF HIM BEING AUTISTIC SOMEBODY SHOULD OF HELD THE GIFTS UNTIL I PICKED HIM UP. I PICKED HI UP 30 MINUTES AFTER HIM GOING TO THE HOLIDAQY SHOP.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:12 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• My son made me something at school.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:07 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Nope, they don't do that here.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:19 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• My 5 year old dd outlined her hand before she left for gg's for the Christmas vacation. I like how big she made them, I am so tickled.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 1:38 AM on Dec. 24, 2010