my sister called me going off"vent*

ok so last night my daughters went to spend the night with my sister while i got some shopping done to day and today after i picked them up she called me and told me she was offended i asked her why?and she said because i packed my girls:There own tooth paste,soap,and towels and then she says:you trying say we aint got tooth paste and soap
and what was with the towels you trynna say our towels aint clean
im like:were is all of this coming from? im completely lost

and then she goes off on me and tells me im trying to raise my daughters like there better than her daughter,and my cousins daughter and i asked her how was that?
and she says:because kaylonnie(my youngest) said:My mommy taught me how to match my under clothes because that's lady like

and she said i teach my kids to brag
ok first im so annoyed how shes arguing over something so petty second when i pack my daughters overnight bags i pack them like im packing my own its just a habit i wasn't trying to offend her
third i teach my daughters to match there under clothes because they are young ladies and i want them to get in a habit of doing that so they can do that when there grown and fourth idk how did i teach my children to brag

after i hung up the phone in her face she texts me and told me im always trying be better than her

'This just ruined my whole mood people are so petty and to top it all off im still lost smh"

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 9:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Perhaps you come off this way without knowing it? Sounds like she has felt this way for a while and is just now saying something, perhaps she was having a bad day and took it out on you. Good luck with your sister:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:12 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Hugs! Maybe since you are so organized (packing towels, soap, toiletries, teaching the girls to match underclothes..) she may feel "inferior" and turn her issues around and try to pin it on you by claiming you are trying to be 'better than her' and 'teaching your kids to brag'. I would tell her that you did not mean anything by it, that you are organized and always pack like that and as for underclothes it is easier to teach it to them now and get them in a habit of doing it. If she still is snotty about it I would let it go-- it is her issue not yours.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• toothpaste, i understand, cuz my daughter is soo picky with her toothpaste...but soap and towels?? i wouldnt send that...matching outfits i COMPLETELY understand!! LOL im a lil obsessed with making sure she matches...i dont think she had the right to get mad at you or say that kinda stuff tho..maybe she was just having a bad day??
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• She's just jealous she isn't as organized as you are :D HUGS!
    fairygurl91787

Answer by fairygurl91787 at 10:45 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I can too, be treated like this by family (not so often friends) with my kids.  They say I encourage them to be "better" than others.  Fact is that is compeltely untrue .. I teach them to be the best they can be for themselves and to ALWAYS be polite by others.  I would also pack what I think is needed for an overnight stay so as not to make the home owner (sister, brother, mother etc) have any more work to do on behalf of my kids.  She was over the top and I think you need to set the record STRAIGHT immediately after you calm down (or the kids will feel the stress between you all)

gambilldl

Answer by gambilldl at 10:49 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I would have packed everything except the soap and towels. That might be a bit much for just an overnight. Just tell her that you don't know why you did that. The next time (if there is a next time), that you won't pack soap and towels. Also tell her that you didn't mean to offend her the way you did, and that you didn't mean anything by it. All parents are different and that's another point to add.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:09 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• @amessageofhope i agree we are all different but i didn't pack the towels and soap to make her feel bad both of my daughter have sensitive skin and then can only use dove so that's why i packed the soap and then i know some people dont have guest towels and i didn't want to make more towels for her to wash idk i thought i was being considerate that's how i pack my overnight bags tho
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 1:13 AM on Dec. 20, 2010