Uhaul vs Penske? Anyone have any thoughts on self move?

DancerMomof2

Asked by DancerMomof2 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• In our experience Penske has newer, better, cleaner trucks. They are about the same price. I will never rent uhaul when Penske is available.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:10 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I'm the moving queen. I prefer penske because not only is it pretty much the same price as UHaul but you get unlimited miles with it. Uhaul only gives you a certain amount then charge you almost a $1 for every mile afterward. The only down fall is penske trucks only take diesel gas and that can get expensive if you're traveling long ways
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• When we moved, I called around, and Penske had the best prices. That was a few years ago though. Penske trucks always seem so much nicer too, Uhaul trucks always look like they're ready to break down to me for some reason lol.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 9:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Penske was much cheeper
    mtnaspen

Answer by mtnaspen at 10:47 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• penske all the way girl, they are better
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 8:30 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• We don't have Penske around here so it's Uhaul or nothing. Is there somewhere where you can find customer reviews online?
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:44 AM on Dec. 20, 2010