Cannot stop cough and post nasal drip.

My 3 yr old daughter has been sick since september when she started preschool. She has post nasal drip and has had this cough for months. There seems to be no respiratory issues but she has allot of mucus. She only stopped while she was on anti biotics for an ear infection. The doctors make it seem like its all normal and I'm crazy. I need advice please!!!

Jilli83

Asked by Jilli83 at 9:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Kids' Health

• allergies...
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• allergies or micobacteria which can be a pain to clear up...try OTC benadryl if it works you'll know it is allergy
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Could be she never got completely better. Allergies is also a possibility. I'd choose another doctor if you're dr thinks you're nuts.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 9:57 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Put her on a children's allergy med, like claritin or zyrtec, to dry her up and keep her dry. Had the same issue with my DD.
    Anonymous

• I have been shopping with a company that manufactures items for the home (cleaning, laundry, personal care, etc.) that are completely chemical free and naturally based. It has made a big difference in my health...migraines almost completely gone, and allergies, not so much any more. I also work with a lady that had a son with asthma on a nebulizer (spelling?) but when changing products her son no longer has to have that. This could be the help you need. Lots of things that household toxins can contribute to just coming from everyday cleaning and laundry products. If I can help with further info. feel free to message me. Would love to share.
    valos3942

Answer by valos3942 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• My daughter went to daycare for about 3mths. She was healthy before going then I couldn't keep her well. For her it was allergies.
    morin6

Answer by morin6 at 12:50 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Try Claritin or Zyrtec and see if it helps any. Give it a week. Do they have any pets in the class? If they do, maybe she could be allergic to it. Otherwise, she might have a sinus infection.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:03 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• My son had a cough and post nasal drip for about a month. He went on antibiotic and Zyrtec. It was allergies, but then it turned in to a sinus infection.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:12 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Maybe an allergy
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:40 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It really sounds like allergies to me. My 18 month old has severe seasonal allergies but this one sounds environmental since most seasonal allergies go away in October.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 3:12 PM on Dec. 20, 2010