• In the Spotlight:

Airplane toddler bedroom?

I want to turn my sons bedroom into an airport themed room for his 1st birthday, the end of January. Any suggestions?

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 9:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I love the idea! I've seen a shelf made into an airplane, it was adorable. Clouds would go great with airplanes, like painted on the wall and/or ceiling.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Sounds AWESOME! :) Go mama! Maybe some wall decals, an airplane lamp + nightlight, and bedding.. Last summer I hand painted an airplane-type scene in my DDs playroom (and I'm definitely not the most talented painter you'd ever meet) and it came out so cute! A blue sky, clouds, and a big old airplane flying high in the sky- it was fun for me and she loves it! Don't be afraid to get in touch with your inner-arteest ;)
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 9:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Or.. you could just get a stick on like this:
    http://www.ecrater.com/p/7268174/kids-bedroom-wall-decal-airplane
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 9:19 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• You could hang some model airplanes from the ceiling.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• The Lowes where we live has a great ceiling fan that has an airplane on the center. Other stuff too, don't remember it all. Was'nt very expensive either. My ds wanted it but, his room is done in camiflouge (?) with four wheelers and dirt bikes. That's the bad thing about a theme, but they sure are fun.
    megamamaw

Answer by megamamaw at 2:16 AM on Dec. 20, 2010