Does it seem like your child knows when your sick?

Lately every time I start not feeling well it seems like my daughter wants to come and curl up in my lap, sometimes she even pats me. Tonight I am running a little bit of a fever and she started to do that but because I am running a fever I had to put her down and go into the next room and she started crying like I broke her heart. She will be two in April. Does your child ever do something like that?

iluvmymomasboys

Asked by iluvmymomasboys at 9:21 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• when she was younger she did..around 2-3yrs..but shes 6 now..and she could care less if im sick..LOL..she has no sympathy whatsoever! however a couple weeks ago i had a migraine, and was laying on the couch as we watched a movie (santa paws) and i fell asleep..and when i woke up half an hour later she had put a blanket on me, and gave me one of her stuffed animals LOL it was so cute!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:24 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I think kiddos are very tuned in to what is not right with their parents. They may not know the extent of things but they know when things are not ordinary.
    valos3942

Answer by valos3942 at 11:17 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Mine know when i am sick ....they take advantage of me!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 1:18 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• My 3 yr old DS is the same way!
    gatorswife

Answer by gatorswife at 9:49 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yep they know when Im sick. There 7 and 6 they bring me water,and try so hard to help clean up the house.
    foreverof4

Answer by foreverof4 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• always,everytime im sick my son knows it....its like he has that radar that says beep beep mommy is sick beep beep.......
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 4:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2010