my daughter is on regular similac but..

she has really lose stool... would the similac sinitive be the next thing to try?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is she? Babies under 1 usual have loose stoles
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• My daughter has loose bowel movements and the dr said it's normal.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 9:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Yes great idea or Alimentum Hypoallerdenic formula for food allergies and colic with iron (the purpule can)
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 9:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• she will be 5 months at christmas and this is REALY LOSE... she was on nutramigen and doc said to switch her she is doing great no spiting up (which was the reason she was on nutramigen) but now she has REALLY loose stool. I switched her about 1.5 weeks ago...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Is it abnormally loose? Or, rather, has it changed significantly in the last few days? Infant stools should be loose, tho they can be formed and not just goo.
    Otherwise, I would recommend talking to your DD's pedi before switching her formula; changes in diet can cause other issues for a child and (s)he may want to monitor your DD to make sure the new formula is agreeing with her.
    Amy614

Answer by Amy614 at 9:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• when she was on nutramigen it was goo.. lol but since I switched her there is no goo to it it is just watery
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• i guess not really watery but much more runny
    Anonymous

• Maybe her body is still trying to adjust give her time. My daughter was on nutramigen, I remember those diapers...
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• that's what I was wondering if I should have it a few more days, my son was on nutramigen the while year but she is doing so good the doc said it was fine to switch so this is the first time for me actually switching formula and don't know what it's like..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• if shes been on nutramigen for 5 months, why change it now? i've heard bad things period about cows milk formula so my daughter is on isomil which is soy formula. if you really want to switch her, you could give that a try.
    cheribabii613

Answer by cheribabii613 at 10:03 PM on Dec. 19, 2010