Wet/soiled cloth diaper storage until wash day

I have a 3 yo who is mostly potty trained, but we are still putting him into a diaper for naps and overnights, because he is still having some troubles with staying clean/dry when he is sleeping. I have done some research about cloth diapering systems for toddlers, and have settled on one I like, but am wondering if anyone has any advice for storing the used diaper inserts until wash day. I live in an apartment, and there is the possibility of only being able to wash them once a week (will do it twice, if possible, but...). I know that a container with a well fitting lid is recommended, but does anyone use some sort of solution for the diapers to be in to help with the odors or to help keep them from staining while they are waiting? Any advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help!

Amy614

Asked by Amy614 at 9:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Take and line a container with bakingsoda and then place diapers in a walmart bag tie it off and thrwo it in the container place the lid on top....
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• This was years ago, but I'm sure they still make them.....I used to use flushable diaper liners to catch the solid waste, which prevented a good bit of staining. Using them also meant I didn't need to dunk my diapers in the toilet to rinse them & remove the solid waste before dropping them in the pail. To the diaper pail I added a cup or so of baking soda to help with odor control.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:55 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I found a product similar to what I used to use: http://www.diaperjunction.com/bummis-flushable-diaper-liners.html
    mom2aspclboy