is ther a rule book on what astay at home wife and mother is supposed to do because my husban seems to think i need to improve and im not doing enough so maby im not im new to this marriage thing

mamma0860

Asked by mamma0860 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• Ask him what he thinks you should do.
    I personally do all the cooking, (no, I do not get up to make breakfast, he doesn't eat it, and he can handle lunch himself.)
    I do the laundry, and I basically do the dusting/vacuming/cleaning.
    He does the dishes right now, and takes the trash out, and that's it, unless I ask him to do something else for me.
    I personally don't usually mind, but I'm pregnant right now, so I'm not doing as much as I usually do, as quickly. Things get dusty, ect. He doesn't complain, he knows I'm growing a baby. ;)
    But really, he should help you, in my opinion. You shouldn't have to do EVERYTHING. Though I would think you should do a little more if you're not working out of the home.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 11:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Well when you stay at home your expected to take care of the kids, clean, and make dinner.
    Men always think that it needs improvement though well at least mine does. I never do good enough.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 11:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Maybe your husband doesn't understand how much time goes to your child/children. When I was pregnent, I wondered what I was going to do all day. Now I can't believe when 5 pm rolls around.

(Sorry about my last answer. I misunderstood your question).
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 11:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• if-this-do't-show-up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVLDuLPi6oo

fount-this-funny
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Relationship's should be 50/50 to run a household and family. If you feel you are doing the best job you can do then tell him that. Or tell him to stay home for a long time and I mean like months or a year to see how much work it is without a salary and then he won't have any complaints after that. Many men have no idea until they have to actually do it on their own and they will never ever be able to compare to the way a woman can take care of things to make the household run smoothly. That is why majority of woman stay at home and men go to work outside of the home. It is much easier to go to work then to stay at home...

Cindrella72

Answer by Cindrella72 at 11:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Oh, I'm sorry did he marry to be his lover and life partner or did he hire you for a job as a housekeeper? I'm always amazed at these kinds of questions because my dh knows that should he ever 'decide' I'm not doing enough around the house or he doesn't like the way I do it then the next meal I fix him will be a knuckle sandwich. You and hubby are long overdue for a serious talk...have one soon. BTW, I've been married almost 10yrs.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 12:00 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I have been a SAHM of four (18g, 15g, twins 4b) children for the past 15 years This is something my husband and I discussed and felt best for our family. (child care we could no afford when we only had two). I believe a marriage is team work...while my husband is at home I do the cooking, cleaning, take kids to and from school & Social events. When my husband's home he participates with the children and household chores with me.  My husband does make time for him self weekends he golfs, I leave the kids with him so I can have some alone time.  Tell your husband how you feel & all that you do.  Better yet, leave the kids with him for the day let him deal with all you do and I bet he will have a better appreciation for all you do.  Good Luck!

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 12:06 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Oh Hunny! I'm a working mother. I work two jobs and I still keep my house spotless and I cook dinner every nice. I also have sex three times a week and take care of our daughter when I get home. Not to mention I pay all the bills. My husband loves it because i take care of everything. Not because he tells me to but b/c I am a control need freak. I get a DAY off a week when I don't spend with the baby and I'm a personal coach at our weight loss meetings 3 times a week. I clean when I get home or b/f I get go to my 1st job (at a credit union) I have to much energy and if I was a stay at home wife...... it would still all be the same way. I believe a woman should take care of her husband rather she's working or not.
    alaskaice

Answer by alaskaice at 12:10 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• i dont know whats going on with men these days!!! they have all these expectations of women and it makes me sick.... i would LOVE them to spend the day in the life of a MOM!!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:15 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• alaskaica... yes we take care of our husbands but not be their slaves....

thats awesome you do all that but you dont feel guilty for not spending time with your family?!?! You'll regret that later in life, ecspecially with her being a girl....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:18 AM on Nov. 9, 2008