I won't get a divorce

I have been separated for 5 yrs now, because I don't believe in divorce. I hope you don't bash me. My DH does not want to remarry anyone and I know I won't, but I keep getting ask when I'm getting divorced. The answer is. I am separated, but no divorce. Do you think I'm stupid for this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Not at all it says in the Bible not to get divoriced only in there is infadelity can you get D......I think your doing whats rightfor you..and if other dont like it tell them to sit on it!
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 9:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• You are not stupid but if he wanted a divorce he could get one without you being able to contest it.
    Anonymous

• i would not care in the least
    why would anyone care what you two decide
    if it works for you-great
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I honestly don't see your logic. You guys are pretty much divorced as it is but not legally. Why not just sign the little dotted line now and not worry about it in the future. He says now he doesnt want to remarry but you two will never know when the love bug might bite and change your minds
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• separated five years? Obviously, there's something wrong with the marriage. If you guys don't ever plan on giving it another shot why stay married?? I don't believe in divorce either but five years of separation sounds like a divorce without the paperwork.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 9:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• only in the sense that you really should separate yourself financially from him if you never plan on getting back together. You don't need to be tied to him if he makes some stupid financial mistakes!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I don't think you are stupid and don't want to bash you, but what it is the point of staying married? I know you say you don't believe in getting divorced, but if you are seperated isn't that basically the same thing? Wouldn't it be closure and give you both a chance to move on? Best of luck.
    isabellem

Answer by isabellem at 9:55 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• i think if it works for both of you, people should mind their own beeswax. jussayin' my parents got divorced after 15 yrs of mariage. my mom is remarried and much happier. i personally am glad they got a divorce. they're both better off, and so are me and my brother.
    devtdbosombuddy

Answer by devtdbosombuddy at 9:55 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• honestly why stay "together" separately? Stupid in my opinion!
    Anonymous

• I'm curious about why ...
    ddbz

Answer by ddbz at 9:57 PM on Dec. 19, 2010