taking my suger test in the am

i had milk and chesse for dinner lol but is there anything i should know about the test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Is it a home test or a hospital test.. a hospital test you have to go they take your blood make you drink the horrid stuff make you go sit back in the waiting room for 2 hrs wher eyou cant have no food no gum only water..and then you go back in and have your blood checked again pretty simple bring something to do that is entertaning read.. saduko puzzle word search something
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Good luck!
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 9:58 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• they will give u a drink to chug when u 1st get there. mine tasted like flat sprite. then u wait an hour and have your blood taken. I just did mine last week. Not a big deal!! Dont worry.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 10:10 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I ate a light breakfast and then chugged the drink. I thought that that small amount in 10 minutes wouldn't be bad but oh my. It made me feel soooo sick. Thank God I passed all three times but I swear I will never drink a 7up, sprite or squirt for as long as I live!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:17 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I wouldn't have too much sugar before taking it.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:12 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• since its in the am dont eat anything. they made me come back cause i had toast. and the liquid doesnt taste too bad at first but it made me feel very sick. never felt that sick in my life. if you throw it up then you have to go back and do it again. its horrid but you can do it. just dont think about it.
    teen_mommie101

Answer by teen_mommie101 at 1:41 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Good luck! Avoid eating or drinking anything with sugar in it before the test.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:54 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Your glucose test? Stay away from as much sugar as possible and when you drink the test, take it like a shot; it tastes nasty.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:24 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Don't eat lots of sugar and then u will chug a drink (mine was orange) you have 5 min to drink it all and then in an hour they take ur blood to see how ur body is breaking down the sugar. Some women get sick because its such a big dose of sugar and if that happens you have to redo it :( I never got sick but both times I got really hot an antsy about 20 min after drinking it but that only lasted like 20 min. Good luck!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 5:13 AM on Dec. 20, 2010