Am I crazy...

My SO and his family seem to think I am.....I have been taking processed foods out of our diet for me and the kids limiting red meat and not allowing the kids to eat hot dogs, bologna and foods like that. No we are not 100% but we all eat alot better and they think I am bad now I am about to get worse. I am over weight and I want to teach my kids to wat healthier and educate them. I was NEVER over weight till I had kids but whats wrong with teaching them to eat healthy...god forbid they hear me say McDonalds is bad! LOL I just don't get why they think I am nuts!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• No, you're not nuts. Many people are dropping processed food stuff for one reason or another.There is nothing wrong in choosing to set a healthy example for your family. If they are thinking you are nuts, it's more likely because they don't see processed foods as unhealthy or they are looking at your behaviour as extream. Either way the unknown and unfamiliar makes many people fearful. It could be the idea of ,'well it was just fine for me, why would it not be fine for them?' sort of thinking. Just do your research, have your reasons and set the best healthy eating example that you can. Maybe your so and family will catch on too.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:54 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• i know lots of ppl who would agree that you're doing a good thing.
    cheribabii613

Answer by cheribabii613 at 11:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with that. Every family should eat as healthy as yours does..I guarantee they would be a lot happier with themselves and with life, in general.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:04 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• NOT crazy...a good mom! The healthier we can eat, the better our health chances along with teaching our children good choices. It has also been said that vitamins are important no matter how well we try and eat. Especially since we don't get many vitamins from our food. I order mine...scientifically proven to be soluble than over the counter vitamins.
    valos3942

Answer by valos3942 at 11:07 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• There's nothing crazy about making healthy food choices for your children. If it were up to mine, they'd eat grilled cheese and mac n cheese day in and day out. That's not to say I don't let them get away with eating crap food, I most certainly do, but I also make sure to get their daily amount of fruits/veggies/dairy/grain every day. I for one can't stand bologna, or those sorry excuse for chicken nuggets that Tyson's sells. Grossness.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I think you are doing a great thing
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2011