Do you ever underestimate how long it will take you to do things (chores, errands, etc)?

I do all the time. I make out a list each day of everything that needs to be done and most of the time I will have some unexpected thing come up and it will take me longer to complete it than I thought I would. I also just list too many things to do in that one day. Sometimes, I do this on purpose just in case I do get finished with the "have to do's" that day and sometimes it is not planned. Anyways, I am about to watch "It's Complicated". It is a 2 hour and 1 minute movie. I have actually watched the first hour so I will be doing some chores in the kitchen while it is playing. I am going to make a to do list of what I need to get done in the 2 hour time frame to see if I can complete it or not. Feel free to post your to do list for tomorrow and be sure to come back and let us know if you finished it or not.

1. unload dishdrainer

2. sweep kitchen floor

3. mop kitchen floor

4. take out trash

5. clean off kitchen table

6. Fold clothes in dryer

7. Finish wrapping gifts

8. Finish blanket for grandmother (seriously doubt I will be able to do this one tonight)

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 11:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I'm pretty good with time management except when I'm shopping. I get a little ADD in stores:)
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 11:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I always put the things that HAVE to get done that day, and in order of PRIORITY it needs to be accomplished for that day. I usually finish the "have to" items, but barely get through the "if I have time" things to do lol
    Hope you get all you need to done! xo
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 11:07 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I make lists and estimate time when I feel stressed about getting everything done - like packing for a big road trip or the time of year when I work 2 part time jobs and still need to get the kids places and the house/grocery shopping done.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• probably
    cheribabii613

Answer by cheribabii613 at 11:09 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• ya it happens
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 11:30 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• .•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•i always do great with a list...all though sometimes things do seem to come up and i fall behind every now n then..lol.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 11:34 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I can typically do all my daily chores in just a cpl hrs. My 3 yr old loves to "help" with laundry and dishes.
    gatorswife

Answer by gatorswife at 10:20 AM on Dec. 20, 2010