I find this disturbing, how about you?

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default.aspx?tabid=178&nid=22462

This happened in Israel, the mindset over there is much different than here.

Shaneagle777

Asked by Shaneagle777 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Religious Debate

• That is why I say stop expecting everyone to believe the same way. Do you not see how not accepting that others believing differently is a bad thing? We may not kill one another in the states BUT my GOSH....we have to stop thinking ONE way is the ONLY way to peace. Where does it start? It starts with the dogma that everyone should be the same, everyone should worship the same. It happens here too but on a different level.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:57 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It is extremely disturbing. It is disturbing when any sort of violent attack occurs against any woman anywhere. Would the outcome have been any different had she answered in English instead of Hebrew, who knows.

In Africa women out gathering wood almost expect to be repeatedly raped by their own countrymen, albeit often of a different religion. As women we need to figure out how to help end the violence against all women, regardless of skin color or religious belief.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• No more disturbing than what is happening to the Palestinians, or women of South Africa, or some of the crap that happens in our own backyard.... hmmm
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 1:35 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• As women we need to figure out how to help end the violence against all women, regardless of skin color or religious belief. [balagan_imma]

So very very true. I am a very good shot and extremely comfortable holding a weapon (knife, gun, whatever) BUT I am not naive enough to know that I will be able to defend myself in every instance.

This could have happened anywhere, including the street you live on.

I saw no need to mention either one of the women's religion unless it was to stir up the masses and knowing the media, that's why it was done. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:01 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes I find it disturbing that people kill each other for stupid reasons.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:14 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• People are attacked every day, on every continent, and for every reason imaginable. This has as much to do with violent animal instincts (humans ARE animals) as anything. The only reason you are disturbed is because the word 'christian' was used.

It is just as disturbing when someone is attacked anywhere else, and even MORE SO when they are attacked by someone whom they are supposed to trust.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:26 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I find any violence disturbing. The religious preference assosciated with it doesn't matter but in case you didn't know there is a war going on in that area right now so there is prone to be more violence. The religion of the victims is a moot point. It was just an attempt for you to play poor persecuted Christian but news flash you live in the United States of America. Christians aren't persecuted here, rather they tend to do most of the persecuting.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:52 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It is sad and disturbing. I find it more disturbing that you're saying "they" don't kill Jews and Christians here "yet." Your mind set scares me more.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 3:54 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I think we forget how fortunate we are to not be living in a war zone, even if it isn't a technically declared war. I'm sure the same sort of things went on during the American Civil war. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:16 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes it is disturbing. However, I think it happened as much because they were women and thought to be vulnerable, as it was because of religion. The exact same things happen all the time over other things as well. They happen to people who are not Judeo-Christian, they happen all over the world and in our own backyard. They happen, it's sad but it's also an unfortunate part of life.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:09 AM on Dec. 20, 2010