bed bugs?? I posted the question with the pics earlier.

I was at my friend's house for a few hours 2 nights ago. I sat on their bed for like 20-30 minutes and for the most part we were hanging out in the living room. She has 2 dogs and 3 cats that come and go as they please and she also has fire wood sitting in her living room as she does not have a furnace and has to use other means of heating. 

I left and woke up in the morning with bug bites all over me! 

Here's the pic again for those who didn't see it:

I also have smaller bites all over my arms, and on my neck and upper back. 

If she has bed bugs...could I have brought them back to my house with me? I didn't have any bags or luggage with me...just myself and my clothes. I read somewhere that they aren't likely to spread just by a person going from one place to another but on luggage and furniture rather. What do you ladies think? Could the bites be from another type of insect that her animals brought in or from the firewood possibly? I'm freaking out! 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Health

• You are either highly allergic to flea bits or those are scabie and very contagious. Go to your doctor so you can get a proper diagnosis before you infest your entire house if it is either.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 11:28 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• yea those bed bugs are horable i know people that have gotten bitten like that personally i dont think your elergic to anything like flees i think its just a natural reaction for everyone that has gotten bitten by bed bugs you can by this stuff i dont know how to spell it but its called caleminelotion or you could go to the chemest and ask them what you can put on it!!!! also tell your friend or whoever mit is to take all the sheets offf and wash them and put the matress out in the sun for the day and mabie spray the bed with some incet stuff.... i hope that has helped you out alot take care and hope all goes well merry christmas and a happy new year
    Lisa_7777

Answer by Lisa_7777 at 11:43 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Looks like flea bites to me.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:55 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Flea bite:

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• As far as I know, bed bugs are big enough to be pretty visible, so I would think if they were crawling all over you enough to make that many bites, you would have seen them. I'd guess you're more likely allergic to fleas, but who knows?

If you don't want to go to the doctor, find a healthfood store and get some powdered, activated charcoal. Make a paste out of the charcoal by mixing it with water, vegetable oil, or a petroleum-based product (I like to mix it with antibiotic ointment. Cover the bites with the charcoal paste and cover with a bandage. Leave several hours or overnight and see if it helps take the swelling down. Activated charcoal is good for drawing out poisons. It may or may not be effective for a strong allergic reaction. GOOD LUCK!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:57 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I think they ususally get into linens and luggage because there are small dark places for them to hide. I don't think they hid in the clothes you're wearing.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:45 AM on Dec. 20, 2010