HOW MUCH DO YOU GIVE A 15 YEAR OLD FOR DOING CHORES

19angie74

Asked by 19angie74 at 11:36 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't! They're chores. Helping to keep the house in order teaches responsibility. But, when asked for some money to go to the movies or to the mall or something (as long as it wasn't on a daily basis) then I'd be much more apt to do so.. at 15 they can go get a workers permit and work a part time job if they really want money :)
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 11:38 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Our sons didn't get allowances....chores are part of keeping the house in order and life running smoothly.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 11:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• None of my 4 kids ever got an allowance. And, we didn't call anything within the household "chores". It has such a derrogitory conotation to it. My kids were raised to understand that pitching in is just how a family functions, works together. When the cashier at the grocery store asks if I need help to the car, my boys always tell them that is why they are there helping. They call it "earning their supper". It's a running joke around our house. LOL.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Nothing. She makes enough money babysitting, I don't need to pay her to do the things she should be doing anyway. My kids do their chores because I need help around the house and we are a family, everyone needs to contribute. If my oldest wants to make money she can get a job.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Just weighing in to agree with the PPs. As soon as you get a regular allowance for doing laundry, cooking, washing dishes, and all the other stuff you do, then your 15-year-old can get a cut of the deal for helping you out. :)
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:49 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• When I get paid for doing housework, laundry, cooking, etc. in my own home then my children will get a cut of that but until then, no allowances for doing the things that are required to keep us from living in a pigsty that could be on Hoarders.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• iI KEEP TRYING TO EXPLAIN THAT TO HIM BUT HE IS GOING TO APPLY FOR JOBS
    19angie74

Comment by 19angie74 (original poster) at 2:58 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I don't pay for chores. Those are that which my children must do in order to be a contributing part of our family.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:55 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• pay? do they pay you for cooking, shopping all the chores we do?
    lovelife1127

Answer by lovelife1127 at 11:01 AM on Mar. 25, 2011