traumatize my child adult content

My husband and I were in the middle of trying for another child and all of a sudden we hear this tiny voice say "Daddy dont put your weewee in there. Thats yucky!" We were both mortify to see our three and a half year standing there. I looked up at the door and it was still locked. He had after we put him to bed snuck back in our room and hid in the closet so we didnt know he was there until he was standing next to us doing the deed. We got dressed quickly and told him it was time for him to go back to bed. When we put him in bed he said very loudly to his older brothers. Daddy had his weewee in mommy's butt" I about died of embarrassment but my older children didnt know what was going on.
I dont know if we have traumatized our child I feel like a bad parent now for not checking every nook and cranny before getting it on.
Will he forget about this? Or is this something he is going to remember forever and keep brining up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• omg, seriously? I would try and convince him in the morning it was a dream. I know that sounds lame, but I would.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:44 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I walked in on my Parents ten million times. That is something that happens. That's part of life. I'm sure it will happen to me at some point too. Just move on and don't act weird about it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:44 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• really? really? I dont think your serious.
    Anonymous

• Haha! I knew what this was about as soon as I saw the title! Ok, I can' only laugh because I don't have a child old enough to get me in this kind of trouble, and so I haven't got any good advice, either. My best guess would be, it's time for a basic sex talk. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:45 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• That happened to us last week..................... "whatch you guys doin'?" ME: AWE CRUD!! I didnt know what to do. I sent him to his room while I got dressed then went in there for a chat. He asked me what we were doing and I just said we were talking? I know stupid awnser but it worked!! I dont think he saw as much as yours though. GL
    Chantalg12

Answer by Chantalg12 at 11:54 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• We got busted doing the deed when my oldest was almost 3. She thought we were wrestling and wanted to help me fight daddy. Luckily no questions came about us not having pants/undies on. Embarrassing!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:59 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• yikes, good luck with that! Hasn't happened to us yet luckily
    lovemylilman06

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 9:15 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I really just about fell out of my chair when i read this....LOL !!! Kids say the darndest things dont they ??? I dont think that he will be traumatized tho, but he may not forget it for a while. I just hope if he goes to school that he doesnt get asked "what did you do while on christmas break?" your son- "i saw daddys wee wee in mommys butt" LMAO !!!!!

Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• my son has walked in on me and his father doing the deed 3 times....the first time was when he was very little....the other 2 times were like 1 year or 2 ago...he hasnt said a word about it since......
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 11:57 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• rolling on floorHe probably wont forget. It is part of life though. My son walked in on my dh and I over the summer. I was relieved it didnt tell anyone. He spent all summer being trained to knock before he walks into a room. 

bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 11:59 AM on Dec. 20, 2010