baby in a hot or cold car alone....

would you do anything other than call 911? What would it take for you to try the doors, break a window, etc ?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 11:45 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I would EASILY ust a window to get them! MP's can iss my ass!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I have no problem busting a window to save a child.

I would hope if something horrible happened and something dangerous happened to someone in my family, that a strangeer would help any means necessary
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:01 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I would call 911 and wait there.. If the baby was crying or looked lethargic I would tell the operator that I was breaking the window. If the doors were unlocked I would take the baby out (while on the phone with 911)
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:02 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I agree with jenellemarie. If the baby seemed to be in distress, I would have no problem at all doing whatever was necessary to get the baby out. If he/she seemed to be okay, I would wait until the police arrived. Then I would tell them to restrain me from beating the living shit out of the parent.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:28 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I'm with the 2 above me.
    xv35ballx

Answer by xv35ballx at 12:04 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Ooh, I don't have a good answer for this one.. but my stomach just turned even thinking about it.
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 11:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I would call 911, break a window if I have to.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I would call 911 first, check the doors while on the phone, then bust a window furthest away from the child if all doors were locked. I wouldn't hesitate to break into the car. If someone was DUMB enough to leave their small child in a car (whether it was hot or cold), they should be happy that the only consequence they have to pay for is a busted window, rather than a dead child.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 10:33 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• i would so Brake that window and get that baby or child. but if they are moving around just fine and smiling and playing I would wait outside of the car until cops come but if they take more then 30 minutes I would brake in.
    sunflower1986

Answer by sunflower1986 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

-------

This ^^^^ is what I would probably do. Just calling would not be enough, but it would depend on how the baby seemed, how extreme the temperature was, and how close emergency vehicles were to the scene. The 911 dispatch would be able to help me decide whether to wait for the emergency vehicle and watch for lethargy or break the window immediately because emergency vehicles would take too long or the temperature was too extreme even for a few minutes.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:03 AM on Dec. 21, 2010