Favorite Honeymoon/Anniversary Memory?

Where did you go? What did you do? How long were you gone? When was your honeymoon (month/year)?

We don't have any yet; we haven't had the extra money for our anniversary. We were married in April 2005, the "down" season, so whatever we would have done, would have been at a cheaper discount.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 11:49 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Travel

• We never have money for our anniversary however a few years ago we did get away for the night to a few towns over and played at the casino, ate at the buffet, and stayed in a hotel with an indoor pool/spa and had motel sex for the 2 days LOL that was alot of fun for $150. LOL
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 12:26 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• We went to Six Flags Over Georgia for our honeymoon. My husband had to report to duty the next day so we didn't have much time. My favorite anniversary memory was me picking him up at the airport for his R&R from Iraq.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• vegas 2 days before our wedding. I was wearing a diamond snowflake pendant necklace. My fiance (now DH of 7yrs) played this lame gambling machine with prizes inside, no coin/money dispensing. He won something and a security person had to come verify, unlock, etc. It was a pair of certified diamond earrings snowflake shapes .. a perfect match to my necklace. I considered it a fantastic sign I was w/ the right guy
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• We went to Las Vegas!!! It was sooooo much fun! We went Mon-Fri and stayed at the Stratosphere, for plane and hotel for the 5days it was roughly $1200. I think we probably spent roughly $1700 for the week to include food, a show, and a little gambling. We got a free show, $50 in slot play, and a free buffet for the 2 of us because we went on a 2hr timeshare showing...as much as that sucked, it was worth it!
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 11:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• For our 3rd Anniversary (and a great many since) dh was in a different city, and he sent me three long stemmed red roses, right to work. It was a total shock and so romantic... at that point I hadn't seen him in over 4 months. I still have those dried roses.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• .•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•we have been married 10 yrs. now let's see...we were gone for about a week..we went to Nashville indiana..a beautiful place..my grandparents live there..we also visited with them..lol then we went to a great big zoo..i can never remember the name..ugh..but it was huge...we came back to town 2 days b4 it was time to come home..and picked up my lil bro and lil sis..took them swimming in chicago stayed at a hotel there ...we had sooo much fun...every minute of it...our anniversary is April 29th 2000...our daughter was born August 25th 2000...heeheee i was already expecting when we had our beautiful wedding but i wouldn't change it for anything...it was sooo wonderful!!.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 11:59 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• On our 6th anniversary we didn't go anywhere special, just had a sitter and went to dinner alone. But what made it special for me was my DH's response when he saw me coming down the stairs, dressed for dinner. He smiled, sighed, and said,

"You're so beautiful, you still take my breath away."

I had been struggling to get off the last of the baby weight, and feeling unattractive. I don't know if he said this to cheer me up, or completely meant those words...probably a little of both. But in any case, it really lifted my heart. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:04 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• We were married in Dec. and for our honeymoon we spent a week storm watching in Tofino. We stayed at a spa that had no phones or TV and private hot tubs for every room. They brought us coffee and muffins every morning and left it outside our door. We had couples massages and private beach side dinners. It was the most wonderful week ever! And it was only about $1200 for the whole week!
    We are going back on our fifth anniversary that's coming up :)
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 12:13 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• On July 29th 2007 my husband and I went out for our first Anniversary Dinner. We went to Mastro’s Steakhouse in Costa Mesa California.
    This place is a very very nice very expensive steakhouse. Very fancy place where the waiters have assistants kind of place. For starters the martini I ordered was 18 dollars. Yikes but it was so good worth every penny. Ray had a drink as well. We also ordered a bottle of water. Steaks in this place average 40 bucks and side dishes are about 10 bucks.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 1:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• cont..So we each ordered a steak and ordered two side dishes to split. We were having a nice conversation when the live piano player started playing. Ray went up to the piano man and requested a song for our first anniversary. Well about 5 minutes later our waitress came over to the table. We both thought she was going to say someone had bought us a drink. Boy were we ever surprised. She said the couple beside us had bought our entire meal and a desert
    navyjen