Great children book ideas please????

What are some really good children books that kids really enjoy???

Lizzie32390

Asked by Lizzie32390 at 11:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Just for Fun

• The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and The Big Hungry Bear by Don and Audrey Wood
    Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr and John Archambault
    Ten In The Bed by Penny Dale
    Depending on the age The Magic Treehouse books....they are wonderful
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 12:03 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Dr. Seuss books are always great! It depends on the age. Nancy Drew is good......Ramona Quimby is good. Boxcar kids.............again, depends on the age.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• The Very Hungry Catterpillar (sp? lol), Brown Bear Brown Bear, and Goodnight Moon are must haves. I love love love The Moster at the End of this Book with Grover from Sesame Street.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 11:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• You can't go wrong with Dr Seuss. Small kids love the sing song rhymes of it.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/48748

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:06 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• When my boys were toddlers they loved the Eric Carle books. Now that they are 8 they love Fablehaven, Percy Jackson, Beast Quest, anything with dragons, Harry Potter, The Magic Treehouse Series, basketball and football books.
    thesportsmom

Answer by thesportsmom at 12:37 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• My daughter loves the EyeLike books.. I found a link on Amazon that gives you a good idea of what they are.. lots of vibrant colors and not so common words for them to learn. http://www.amazon.com/EyeLike-Colors-Eyelike/dp/1602140189
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:37 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Curious George. My dd loves Curious George.

Also, many may not have seen or heard of them, but they were written by Stephen Cosgrove and illustrated by Robin James. The series is called by the name of one of the stories, Serendipity. They have georgeous illustrations and fun stories and each one tells a moral.

Here is the link to his site:

http://www.stephencosgrove.com/books.htm
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 2:08 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Robert Munch Mortimer! Great fun!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:54 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I too am a huge fan of The Monster at the End of this Book. :-), any Dr. Seuss, Where the Wild Things are, and any Shel Silverstein.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 4:55 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Junie B. Jones. If they're not old enough to know about proper grammar then you should read them the stories and just change the wording so it's proper. ( I have a big pet peeve about books that have wrong grammer and poor spelling that are written for kids. It makes them confused and screws up the development in my opinion) The books are SO funny and cute!!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:53 AM on Nov. 9, 2008