For those who oppose the idea of a "no anon replies" option set by the person asking the question

is it because you think everyone would actually use it and leave nowhere to reply anon, or is it because you like trolling too much to be denied the option in any question? What PRACTICAL reason is there for insisting everyone accept anon answers whether they want them or not, rather than only people who are interested in reading anon answers? Why force yourself where you aren't wanted?

If it's the whole "don't want mean messages sent to me" - you aren't REQUIRED to answer any question. People who insist on only replying anon would be free to continue to reply anon to all the questions that don't use the option.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:03 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I oppose it. I have been on Cafemom for about 3 1/2 years now. When I ask a question, I want honest answers. Sometimes, that requires an answer that more or less smacks me across the face... something I failed to realize maybe. So, I don't mind anon answers in the least. I actually would like to have the option of not having the vote down thingy when I ask a question, because I don't think anyone's honest answer should be voted down by someone else. When I ask a question, I am not asking for someone to sugar coat anything. Besides, there are times when the anon answers are actually the funniest I have read.

Cafemom is a place for everyone to come and hang out. If it makes someone's day to tell me I am acting like an idiot, so be it. I don't have to even read that response if I don't want to. Another thing I have found is that the Answers section is not really set up like up like
    CONT
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:09 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• a Forum. Therefore, when I do answer a question, rarely do I go back and read what others have posted in response to my answer. I leave that up to the person asking the question. Now, I know that's not how everyone does it, but it saves a lot of drama this way. I answer how I feel and then exit.. so to speak.

So, I guess, I'm just not one that gets upset over someone answering Anon, even if they are trolling. Do I use it, sometimes, yes.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:11 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I oppose it. I have been on Cafemom for about 3 1/2 years now. When I ask a question, I want honest answers. Sometimes, that requires an answer that more or less smacks me across the face... something I failed to realize maybe. So, I don't mind anon answers in the least.

What does that have to do with my question - I'm not asking if you, personally, would use it or not. I'm asking why you don't think anyone else should be allowed to use it just because you would choose not to use it.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• In my experience most anon responses are ridiculous and stupid and mostly from people that just want to troll and not be really helpful at all.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:17 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Mine is an issue of man hours.

I oppose it because I haven't seen that fiddling with this section has helped in the slightest. When anon disappeared for that one week people went and got new screen names to be anon and cm didn't do a thing about that either. The problem with this section remains that CM will not or can not police it properly. Until that happens the section is SOL. Adding features is not going to help. They should spend their valuable time on things that can be fixed.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:14 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I agree with shouldhaveleft.

I think either they are ridiculous or just overly rude! You can disagree with someone with out being rude :)
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 11:17 AM on Dec. 20, 2010