painful burping and it takes a loooong time

This is my third baby, and he seems to really fight through his burping after breast feeding. Believe me, we try every possible position. He will burp, usually one right away, but he has more and it takes forever to ge through.. then even after we give up, we find him spitting up or gagging once we have laid him down. We burp in beween each breast and after as well. Sometimes he even cries while we burp him. Any ideas ladies? He is 9 days old. Eating well and otherwise no worries. Maybe a warm rice sock? I really want to avoid simethicone if I can... He doesnt act refluxy or anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried different positions? Try laying him across you arm, his head in your hand. Walk around and pat his back that way.

You might also want to assess if something you're eating is making him more gassy. Try cutting dairy out of your diet and see if he improves.

Good luck!
    MrsBlack530

Answer by MrsBlack530 at 12:16 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I agree on cutting dairy....also similason may not be a bad idea to bring him and you relief!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:20 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• may have spelled that wrong...but mine all used the gas relief drops when they were little like that cause it worked so well!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:21 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• i dont know if the gas relief work when you are breastfeed it might be something that you are eating that is giveing him/her gas
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 12:36 PM on Dec. 21, 2010