what if u find out your very good friend who has been good to u is a child molester/ sex offender?

would u end the friendship immediately?

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 12:19 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I would immediately end it!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:24 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes. I would have to protect my children and myself.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:21 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes I would. People that look at children sexually are sick, disgusting, evil, creatures and I would never associate with someone who thought that way. Although if it was a good friend of mine, I don't know how I wouldn't have known about that.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:25 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes. That's the end of it.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:27 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It would depend on the particulars of the case but I don't think I would consider someone a "very good friend" unless I already knew this about him/her
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 12:22 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I would be furious and demand why they were not upfront. Then I would have to call the cops on myself because I would be tempted to kick some as*
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 12:22 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It all depends on the circumstances and some people get the label as a sex offender and it was a simple mistake. If the man or women is having sexual dealing with children then of course I would befriend them and let them know the reason for this sudden change. In some cases people have to register as a sex offfender and it was a total mistake. I would also use caution if you have children. Good luck!
    vroberts3677

Answer by vroberts3677 at 12:28 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Same thing I did when I found out my best friend I had for years only came over to my house just to try and get me in bed, I kicked his ass out right then and there and that was the end of that.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:42 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• No. I would not. I am in a situation such as you describe. Now before someone jumps me about it, he does NOT come to my home. I do communicate with him via text & computer. Every once in a while I do see him in person but its around other adults. I have known him for over 25 yrs & while I was surprised to find these things out about him, I didn't think abandoning him was the answer. He admits he has a problem & wants help for it. I am supportive in his seeking help. He's facing prison time now & if it comes to pass, I will write to him in prison (probably wont go see him only because it would be out of state). I don't think it's wrong of me to continue to know him as long as I do it in a manner that does not compromise any children. Of course, I am surely not letting him babysit for me or something. But I will not stop being his friend. Yes he has issues that I do not understand but he is troubled & needs someone to talk to
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It depends on the particulars. I have a friend that he was 21 and she was 15 and because her parents didn't like him, they had him arrested and he was charged with something like that where he can't be around schools, etc. So, you see...it would depend on the validity of the charge and it's particulars.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:01 AM on Dec. 20, 2010