Would you marry a man 20 years your senior?

There is a girl I went to high school with and I just found her on FB. I was looking through her pics and there is a wedding picture with her kissing an old guy. I did some investigating and her husband is 20 years older than her. She is 35 and he is 55. He has a son that is 31, only 4 years younger than her.

She is lovely, she could be a model and he is fat and wrinkly.

Would you marry someone that much older? Why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I couldn't personally. My dad is only 17 years older than I am, and that would be too weird for me. I also couldn't marry a guy a lot younger than me, I have 3 sons, and that would be weird to me as well. Personally, I'm most comfortable with a man just a few years older than me.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:26 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• No I would not, that is just me.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 12:32 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Hmmm well i guess if i really loved him i would!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:21 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Probably not - only because my fil is 20 years older than me and I can't imagine dating someone that old. But to each his or her own - if they love each other then that is what matters.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:28 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I Don't care anything about age when comes to love..... Or if he had a lot of money.... just kidding!
    GoddessHeatherM

Answer by GoddessHeatherM at 12:31 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Only if he had money. Seriously. If he were looking like George Cloony but he was poor..no way. I dont care if it sound materalistic. I'm NOT supporting some 60 yr old guy. He better have some money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Think you hit the nail on the head Goddess......money talks!!!
    Personal experience:: my BFF married a much older man and it was OK for many years but now the differences are much bigger as he is retired, wanting to travel etc... and she is just hitting her stride professionally and probably will be for another 10-15 years.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 12:40 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Maybe if he was Harrison Ford yes I would
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:52 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• This guy is NO Harrison Ford.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:54 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I have a timeframe...if he's old enough to be my dad or I'm old enough to be his mom...they are off limits, so I guess a 15 year span would be to much.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:58 AM on Dec. 20, 2010