Urinary Tract Infections

I think I might have a UTI. I am going to go to the doctor ,but want to wait till Monday and not go to the ER. Is there anything I can do at home for the pain because I am in EXTREME pain. Is it okay to wait until monday or do I need to go to the ER?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Health

• LOTS of water, and cranberry juice. Make sure it's 100% cranberry juice though, not cranberry juice coctail (which is mostly water and will irritate your symptoms).
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 11:42 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Are you running a fever? Are you still voiding? Are you in "double over" type pain?

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I am not running a fever ,but the pain is a "double over" type pain.
    Anonymous

• AZO!!!!!!!!!! YOu can get it at Walgreens--go get it. The pain will be gone. I've used it 3x and it's great. Yeah, the pain is horrendous. I feel so bad for you!
    orangeorbie

Answer by orangeorbie at 11:48 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I would go the ER it might not be a UTI. Does it hurt more on one side than the other?
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I agree with orangeorbie get AZO it works like magic go to your nearest store like CVS pharmacy, Walgreens or Walmart and feel relieved good luck.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:43 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Yes, AZO standard. It won't cure you of the infection but it helps a lot with the pain. Keep pumping the fluids. I know it kills to pee right now but it's the best way to flush out the infection. The AZO will help.
    It is strictly a urethra pain, right? And/or a constant urge to pee? Southerncharmes made a good point. No pain on the right side of your lower abdomen? Or any other areas of pain? If so, consider the ER.
    Oh, and about cranberry juice, even the all natural is high in sugar which makes UTIs worse (BTW, avoid sugar right now) and you really have to drink a ton of it to get the beneficial effects. I always preferred to take cranberry supplements in pill form. They are much more potent than juice.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 4:34 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Oh, I forgot. I think they make a home UTI test now. I think I've seen it next to the AZO at the drugstore. That could be one way to find out asap it that's really the problem. I totally feel for you, and I know the ER is aweful so I hope these things can help. However, if the AZO doesn't bring you relief, it's probably not a UTI.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 4:43 AM on Nov. 9, 2008