How would you take all this now???

So i have been telling everyone for as long as i can remember i felt there was something wrong with my daughter i couldn't quit put my finger on it but being a mom you just know when something is wrong..so all these years i have told our doctors i have told teachers i have told anyone that would listen to me i just felt like there was something not right...they all kept telling me the same thing..kids are all diff they all learn and grow and do things diff..okay so i said fine ..now after all this every year i have said something to the teacher my daughter gets or the speech teacher etc..etc.. our docs ......now i get a phone call Friday from her teacher expressing concern about my daughter..saying she thinks she needs to be evaluated and there may be a learning problem and she loves how she is just a ray of sunshine..etc.etc..but she feels she needs some testing done after the school break ..i say thank you I'm very overwhelmed right now ..and tell her how i have always thought there was something..and hang up and just start crying..i just feel if they would of listened to be in the beginning maybe my daughter wouldn't be so far behind now and maybe i could of been able to help her better..i am just very overwhelmed by all this..how would you handle all this now after all these years of trying to tell them??

gracelessstar21

Asked by gracelessstar21 at 1:17 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No i understand after all that advocating for your daughter someone finally listens and you are supposed to b happy! i think not.......she has been the one suffering so y be happy. I feel your frustration. i have three special needs children we are their only voice don't ever stop believing your mommas intuition!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 1:30 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I would just be happy she is finally getting help & do whatever I could to push that along.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Well honey bun from the day my daughter came out i new alot was wrong the dr all said o she will grow out of it me an her father were the one's that spotted something wrong with her eyes at 3mnths which she seen the dr more than 5x but from than on we had our hands full unfortuantly u did all you could an now comes the hard part u take her to every freakn dr u want if they have a problem with it tell them to kick rocks thats you kid not theres my daughter has had multiple hospatle stays she has had seizures and surgeries an guess what they said she would live to 4mnths my baby is 3 years old n will be 4 in july you have to take charge now no time for tears mommy you get her all the help she needs if you feel someone isnt giving her there all switch the dr i have walked in to a dr office and walked out if i felt mistreated or un cared4 an there is tons of ppl out there that assist with this :) message me if u ever need2 talk :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 1:25 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I had lots of problems with the school district when my son was first in school. I knew he needed testing & they refused. He ended up repeating first grade. I got so frustrated with them we finally moved out of the district. In the new one, they tested him right away. I was very grateful they listened to me. I feel if the other school had listened to me, he wouldnt have repeated a grade but, there's not a lot I could do about it. I just went on & made sure he got every help they offered and anytime after that I felt things weren't going well, I was right up there having another meeting with teachers. I made sure they listened by making myself seen & heard as often as necessary. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Why be happy? I'd be happy because she is finally getting help!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I just want to say I am happy for you that you will be getting some help soon. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:40 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I guess you are not shocked. At least she will get help now. I will go and tell all the docs and others to wake up and open their eyes. Good luck and hope the problem is not to severe.
    Dezitwins

Answer by Dezitwins at 9:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• .•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•thank you..i guess it's just very frustrating knowing that you have said this all along and nothing was ever done...thanks i plan on doing whatever i can to help my baby girl!!.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•

gracelessstar21

Comment by gracelessstar21 (original poster) at 1:22 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• .•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•THANK YOU ALL OF YOU....and u are very right this isn't time for mommy to be crying..and i will and am going to do everything i can to get her the help she needs and we are our children's only voices..i will never stop believing in my motherly intuition..i knew i was right from the beginning and whatever it takes I'm up for it!! thank you for understanding how hard it was to hear someone finally say i was right all along it just really broke me...•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•

gracelessstar21

Comment by gracelessstar21 (original poster) at 1:37 AM on Dec. 20, 2010