I am tired of all varieties of my chili, does anyone have some more ideas I can use?

kingkongsmom

Asked by kingkongsmom at 1:32 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Add bacon first and then cook the onions, mushrooms and garlic in the bacon grease. Also, here's trick and no one will know what that yummy extra is...SPAM...cut it up into little square pieces...like if it were ham and also cook it in the grease then do all the rest as usual.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:36 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• thanks only exception is I will not use spam,..I never used mushrooms in it before but im gonna try that for sure too.
    kingkongsmom

Comment by kingkongsmom (original poster) at 1:39 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• you can made ur own sauce home
    i do mix 3 spoons of red chilli papers with 3 spoons of honey and 3 spoons of mustarda and 2 of milk .. my HB likes it lots .. i do use it only for meat but he use it for all foods lolll

taste good try it ( u can reduce shilipapers if u want )
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 2:13 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Add Bacon or sausage
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:17 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• We put Chipolte chili's in ours....really gives it flavor.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 9:49 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I have one recipe where I use sausage instead of ground beef . It also has dark beer in to give it a different kick. Just message me if you would like the recipe.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:42 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• This isn't really chili, but it's DH's grandma's recipe, and our kids LOVE it and devour it - we're talking 3-4 bowls each. I don't have measurements really, because we've never been given any, we just add as much of each item as we want to.
    hamburger, cooked - I normally use 2 lbs
    tomato soup - I normally use 2-3 cans, PLUS an equal amount of water!
    pork & beans - I usually use 2 family size cans (36 oz? not sure, but I buy the cheapest brand)
    chili powder to taste
    cooked macaroni noodles - I usually use about 1 lb
    It's very mild, good when we want something different (I usually only make it once a year).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• DH's recipe. Cook 1 lb sausage (italian, hot, whatever - we buy homemade sausage in bulk from a nearby place) and 1 lb hamburger in the same pan, with some black pepper & chili powder. Drain and throw in crock pot. Add 1 jar salsa, any heat, any amount. Add as may chili beans as you want, use a little water to get the extra sauce from the can, add just enough water so the liquid level is at the top of the solid level, add more pepper & chili powder. Put on low and let cook 12 hours. He'd make it at night, put it in a thermos the next morning, and take it hunting with him. Our kids aren't as fond of this one!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I just found a recipe for white chicken chilli which is AWESOME! Have you made white chili before?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:46 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I use hot pork sausage and lots of peppers. You can't really put any peppers in that make it taste bad. Don't be afraid to experiment.
    gatorswife

Answer by gatorswife at 1:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2010