Chicken fried rice restuarant style?

My son wants me to make restuarant style chicken fried rice Not the out of a pkg. kind, Does anyone know how to do this?

kingkongsmom

Asked by kingkongsmom at 1:36 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Go to the corner chinese store and put it in a pot before he gets home and WHALAA...your a genius that can make fried rice...lol
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:37 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• He read your answer with me and we are laughing butts off now.
    kingkongsmom

Comment by kingkongsmom (original poster) at 1:40 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Cook a pot of oriental rice, let cool, cook chicken pieces and cut up, stir fry any veggies, cabbage, onion, carrot, add soy sauce and sesame oil, when veggies are soft add frozen peas, cook for a couple of minutes. Add rice back to the pan and scramble 2 eggs and pour in to stir around until they are done. Easy and no fail and hope he enjoys.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 6:56 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• LOL @ ShouldHaveLeft!

I made rice like that for my son that Librarylady posted( minus the chicken ) and my son accused me of getting it delivered from the shop, til he realised I did not have the BEEF or PORK in it like they did........and then said, I took all that out! LOL

Crazy little 6 yr old son I have I tell ya! After all my effort cause HE wanted chinese fried rice!!!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 7:12 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Not sure, If you have a wok you can make it almost like the Chinese do.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:17 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:17 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Rinse the rice until the water runs clear before you cook it. Cook it in advance, spread it out to cool to room temp on a baking sheet. Heat a little oil in skillet. Add some chopped onion and saute until translucent. Add some thawed frozen peas and carrots if desired. Cook rice in batches if necessary, do not crowd the pan with rice. Add some bits of pre cooked egg if desired. Stir fry a couple of minutes and drizzle with soy sauce. Cook a few more minutes. I love to top fried rice with cashews. Yum!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:16 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• You can pre cook the chicken to go into the rice and just slightly undercook it so that you can toss it in with fried rice at the last minute to finish up. Cut the chicken into very small thin strips and cook with garlic and soy sauce.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:21 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Your screen name is too funny ShouldHaveLeft. As of now...when I am typing this you should have left 9 hours ago. LOL.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:24 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• thanks ladies, no I dont have a wok right now but I still can cook asian style somewhat from watching LO aunts make do in a pinch but asking for a recipe is hard , someone would rather make it for you or act like its a top secret thing,LOL. ---so far my attempts are not right according to my son, gonna try these, love that recipe site too, but if I get into another pinch, I might take up 'shouldhaveleft' idea,LOL.
    kingkongsmom

Comment by kingkongsmom (original poster) at 2:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2010