Have you ever wondered if God is testing you?

Today my father took our children to hear christmas music at a concert hall and then out for pizza. My husband and I took the opportunity to grocery shop and do a few errands. Being the last weekend before the holiday you can imagine the mob scene at every store. After what seemed like a long long day we finally made it home, unloaded the car and we sat down with a cup of coffee to talk. My husband asked what was up with the Lady Christmas stuff and complimented me, he said he was proud of me!? I asked what for he named about 5 things that happened during our shopping trip that I just responded to because I thought it was the right thing to do. One of my favorite songs is by Colin Raye - What if Jesus came back like that? would you open your heart or turn your back ? (never heard it youtube.com it) I am the first to admit I am not Mrs Wonderful everyday or every time but I keeping trying. In a season of stress and mess and maybe all the wrong things - how do you keep an open heart?

mrsljamieson

Asked by mrsljamieson at 1:37 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wonder daily!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 1:46 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• If he is, then the test better end soon because the stress is killing me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Anon...I feel the same way! He's been testing me for near 1.5yrs on one particular item...
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 1:47 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I think God is testing me right now.
    mrsljamieson

Comment by mrsljamieson (original poster) at 1:50 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• God tests us so that we will show good faith. If we do and when HIS timing is right, He sends many blessings "double the trouble" as it says in the Bible meaning He will give you DOUBLE the blessings vs. the trouble you went through. This is what life is all about-trusting God, showing good faith, getting blessings,doing this over and over and not getting too big on yourself and thinking you no longer need God(funny how many think they don't need Him when they are in a good state of mind). When you think you've got it made and start backing down on God, you stop having faith and trusting Him and the blessings stop. Many are like that right now and haven't a clue as to how they got there because they either don't read the Bible or simply choose not to obey Him.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:55 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• God and I have an understanding...I don't believe in him, so he doesn't do anything to or for me.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:39 AM on Dec. 20, 2010