• In the Spotlight:

Why is bashing okay?

I read someone's post about bashing and rude comments and ppl were replying "get use to it" "we are females we are going to be mean" "someone is going to be on there period" why is it okay to be put down or belittled for a question?

premiemom18

Asked by premiemom18 at 1:41 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• It's the internet. It's a site full of females. Some of those females are so unhappy with their pathetic little lives that they use the internet to take out their frustrations on others. Some do it because they are bored. Some do it to feel validated or accepted by other "bitches" online. Either way, it is not ok..but there is no way to stop it. Just gotta ignore it and keep moving..
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:51 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• hugsI don't think it is either. Those grouchy mommy's need a hug!

Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 1:46 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It's not okay but these are usually the people that are full of shit and don't have an intelligent thought in their heads and again, most of them are anons, hence they are also trolling.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:44 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• idk i get sad by it though :( ... i wish we could all get along .. i dont think its okay .. im sure the op asks for advise not for criticism..
    Luckyme3487

Answer by Luckyme3487 at 1:44 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It's not o.k. Quit hiding behind anon so people can see who you are.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:47 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It isn't!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 1:42 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I don't think its right, some people don't have anything else better to do but hurt.
    deshea207

Answer by deshea207 at 2:13 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I don't believe it is okay, either. The maturity level of some people diminishes when they are not face-to-face with other people. It's ridiculous, but there are many narrow-minded, self-centered people in the world and it is shown with some of these responses, esp the anons. Anything to get some kicks. The anon button gives some this false power to bash. Their identity should be made known to others when they bash and they should be banned from the site, IMO.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 2:25 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I don't think that most people think that bashing is okay, but people have differing opinions of what bashing is. Some women think that just because someone disagrees with them or decides to serve up a little common sense that it's "bashing". I actually don't see a whole lot of out and out blatant attacks here on Cafemom, and if I do, it's usually in the Religion or Politics sections.

Here's the way I look at it: in real life and on the internet, there are some bitches. It's just life. If you can't deal with it, then an internet forum probably isn't a good place for you to be. Any internet forum, because "bashing" happens everywhere, not just cafemom.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 6:49 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• You can never control what someone else is gonna say. If you get offended by it, the only thing I know to suggest is reporting the answer?
    gatorswife

Answer by gatorswife at 9:27 AM on Dec. 20, 2010